This No Fail Roast Rack of Lamb Recipe couldn’t be any easier. It yields a tender juicy bite with the perfect seared crust in about 30 minutes for ideal entertaining!
Sometimes I want to make something a little bit more than chicken or steak for a nice dinner with friends. We really enjoy grilling lamb like these Easy Grilled Chops but if I need something a wee bit more special I’ll make this Roast Rack Of Lamb Recipe for the simple reason it is so easy to make that there is no way to mess it up.
This rack of lamb has the best flavor. The edges are seared and give a nice depth to the taste. The seasonings (mustard, rosemary and salt) add a brightness to the lamb and cooked in such a way that when it’s done it is still juicy and tender.
What is the easiest way for Cooking Rack of Lamb?
- Rinse and pat dry the rack of lamb. I buy my lamb at Costco and the bones come pretty clean, but if you need a tutorial on how to French the bones there is a really good one here to see if you want to do it yourself. You can also ask the butcher to do it for you.
- Using just a few ingredients you will coat all the edges of the meat.
- Roast the lamb to 5°-10° shy of your desired doneness. (the lamb will continue to cook both in the reverse searing process and while it rests.
To what temperature do you Roast Rack of Lamb:
|Temp Wanted||Remove from Oven||Final Temp to Serve at|
- I reverse sear the meat meaning I roast the rack of lamb in the oven first, then once cooked to almost done I then sear it in a pan on the stovetop. The advantage to reverse searing is that when roasting at the high temperature the fat doesn’t get overly burnt. By searing it afterward you can control the amount of browning on the edges.
Looking for More Special Occasion Meals for Entertaining?
- 4 ingredient Prime Rib
- Horseradish Crusted Ribeye Roast
- Shellfish Bouillabaisse
- Grilled Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Honey Mustard Bourbon Glazed Ham
Side Dishes for Rack of Lamb
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Mushroom Bread Pudding
- Creamed Cauliflower ~ a healthy option
- Gouda Mac & Cheese
- Asparagus Risotto
Love Lamb? You can find ALL the delicious lamb recipes right here!
STAY CONNECTED ON SOCIAL SO YOU DON’T MISS OUT ON THE LATEST RECIPES TO MAKE ENTERTAINING BOTH STRESS FREE AND DELICIOUS!
FREE TIPS FOR ENTERTAINING WITH EASE AND FUN DELICIOUS RECIPES WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST BELOW THE RECIPE !
- 2 racks rack of lamb, (8 bones each, drenched)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled,
- 1/2 cup dijon or whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Rinse and pat dry each rack of lamb.
- Cut the garlic in half and rub garlic over all areas of meat and fat.
- Into a small bowl mix rosemary and mustard and stir to combine well.
- Sprinkle generously lamb with salt and pepper making sure to get all areas.
- Take mustard mixture and rub all over lamb meat/fat keeping exposed bones clean.
- Place lamb racks fat side up on a roasting pan. Lay extra sprigs of rosemary on the pan next to lamb to be able to release the scents as cooking. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes for rare, 22 for medium rare and 26 for medium well. (I always usa an instant read thermometer to check desired doneness.). All ovens are slightly different but you will remove the lab 5 degrees before your final desired doneness. See chart in the notes.
- Heat a skillet to high. One rack at a time, you will sear the edges of the lamb to a dark golden brown color. Make sure to sear all meat sides. About 1 minute per side.
- Allow rack to rest for 10 minutes. Cut to chops, leaving 2 bones in each slice. Serve immediately.
Temp WantedRemove from OvenFinal Temp to Serve atRare115°-120°120°-125°Medium Rare120°-125°125°-130°Medium130°-135°135°-140Medium Well140°-145°145°-150°
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 552Saturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 21g
This site uses affiliate links, such as Amazon which pays this site a small commission if you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full info here.