Welcome to West Via Midwest~
- Are you busy from morning to night but still want to host your friends for a casual weeknight dinner or a quick happy hour after work?
- Are you tired of going to a bar to watch the big game? Want to relax in the comfort of your own home with the people you love enjoying great food and fun cocktails while cheering on your team?
- Do you secretly long to host the Holiday’s at your house with the perfectly cooked meal and the best wine paired with it?
Then West Via Midwest is the place for you.
I have entertaining tips and easy to follow recipes that make hosting any social occasion go off without a hitch. You’ll have mouthwatering appetizers for a cocktail party that come out perfectly every time, an easy delicious menu for a casual BBQ/dinner or the sure fire game plan for hosting family for the big holiday so that everyone secretly hopes all special occasions are at your house…. all done with ease and no stress.
I believe getting together over food gives us balance in our lives. You can work hard and still have time to spend together over a delicious meal.
I believe no matter how busy you are you can make great tasting food that people will rave about. You can make any get together better by serving delicious homemade foods to people you love and create great memories spending time together. I’ll share time saving tips, ways to make the ordinary meal more special with simple tricks for success every single time! It’s not hard at all…
What some of the people who have read West Via Midwest are saying!
- The Fancy Bouillabaisse was the hit of our Anniversary dinner. My husband was so impressed I think he liked the dinner better than his gift! (That broth is amazing…)…Samantha
- Had a crazy workweek but still managed to get the homemade pretzels and the baked wings ready to serve while we were watching the game. Everything was devoured…. I couldn’t believe it, the non-foodie made something that tasted so good? …. Katelyn
- The Purple Rain cocktail was such a hit at our Halloween Party (did rename it the purple people eater for the occasion) how fun! Loved that I could mix it ahead and just shake it before serving! ….Mary
- I brought the Ham and Potato Supreme for a work potluck. Next time I need to quadruple the recipe…. Everyone went for seconds and we definitely needed more? Ps… this is going to be a regular staple at our house… Jodee
You too can entertain friends and family without worrying about if it will work. You’ll be able to entertain whenever the mood strikes you because by following my tips and tricks it works out every time. Yours will be the house people want to hang out at because your delicious meals and appetizers will make people happy when they come over!
Want to make sure you don’t miss out on how to entertain with ease? Join the mailing list here:
A little bit about me…..I’m Michele and I used to stress out about entertaining. I worked a lot of LONG days and the thought of entertaining people stressed me out. We would always meet friends and family at restaurants and I was just so over it. It was loud, it was expensive and more often than not the food was just average. I knew there was a better way.
My mom was an amazing cook so I practiced with her recipes. I took professional cooking classes at Culinary School that taught me the basics and how to make substitutions without worry. Then I sat down in my kitchen and through trial and error I figured out what could be prepped ahead, how to make things in the shortest amount of time (because lets face it cooking delicious foods is good, but getting to eat them while talking, laughing and enjoying the company of those who matter are what its all about.) I now make food my family DOES LOVE to eat. My friends DO want to come over when I’m entertaining and I do it all while enjoying every minute of it.
Along the way I got a Sommelier Certification from American Sommelier Association so I could understand how to pair the perfect wine/cocktail/beer with every meal…. (yes, that was work, but someone had to do it so I “made” myself do it 🙂 )
If you follow along you will learn how to cook delicious foods with confidence. You will be able to entertain your family and friends and know your food will come out right every single time.
- You’ll learn the fastest and most efficient way to make something so you spend more time enjoying your creations than preparing it.
- You’ll learn how to cater the foods to your likes and dislikes.
- You’ll be able to put together a party with easy with simple preparations or be able to come up with many options for those last minute drop-in visitors.
- You’ll have the confidence to make any special occasion meal to serve to those who matter most.
Not sure where to start? Here are some links to some of the most popular recipes on the site.
If you ever need anything I’m here for you.
Shoot me an email to michele at westviamidwest dot com. and I’ll be happy to help you make your special occasion come off with out a hitch!
This site uses affiliate links, such as Amazon which pays this site a small commission if you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full info here.