Spicy Smoke Sauced Shrimp is full of sweet paprika and smoky heat. A sauce you can make in 5 minutes, then toss with shrimp and have a warm comfort food dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
I’m super excited about today’s recipe for Spicy Smoke Sauced Shrimp as it’s from a friend of mine’s website Life Currents. Sometimes instead of creating new recipes its fun to try out others to broaden my horizon. I chose to make her Spicy Smoke Sauce recipe which you can find here but I made it with shrimp and served it over a nice hot bowl of rice for a comfort food meal my family loved!
I have partnered with a bunch of my blogger friends for what they call Freaky Friday! We all swap names and then get to make a recipe from the site of the blogger we drew to share with our readers.
It’s a great way to show to you about other content creators that you might never have come in contact with!
This edition of Freaky Friday was the Winter addition which in my world means eating comfort food but a little bit healthier while making sure that we still have great flavors to enjoy!!
Why you should check out Life Currents?
- Debi believes in eating real food. You don’t need all the processed foods and ingredients in your daily life. You can make your own foods that taste so much better. (Check out her recipe for her homemade French Onion Dip and Nacho Cheese Sauce if you don’t believe me that homemade is much better!)
- You’ll never want to buy a store-bought dressing again because she has so many delicious homemade ones that are so much tastier (and made with real, not bad for you ingredients) Here is a link to see all of the condiments she has recipes for!
- You’ll get tips for healthy living.
- Debi also does what she calls ingredient research where she explains about so many fun things saving the lemons from summer for winter use, all about the different types of avocados and understanding the difference between using a blender versus a food processor!
- Life Currents has so many great recipes to try and all of them use real ingredients. She also has a huge selection of vegetarian offerings that all sound very tempting and I have several on our list to try very soon. We love meat, but have been trying to branch out to try all sorts of new things!
Spicy Smoke Sauce is a sauce you will have all of the ingredients in your cabinet for. It works on so many things. Since I tried the sauce we’ve used it for a marinade for chicken as well as a mop for some spare ribs I made. The paprika and the liquid smoke give anything you add it to a very deep rich flavor.
It’s as simple as making the sauce then sautéing the shrimp and mixing the two together atop of rice? I mean how quick a meal is that?
My tip for this sauce is to make it in bulk to so you have it when you need it at a moment’s notice! While you can make it super quick, when I made it for the rib mop I was so happy to just be able to pull something out of the fridge to use it right away.
I chose to use the Spice Smoke Sauced Shrimp over rice because I didn’t want to waste any of the sauce, the rice absorbed any of the additional sauce so we could eat every last drop!
Are you looking for more shrimp recipes? or other flavorful marinades? Check out the recipes from my site below!
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER RECIPES FROM FREAKY FRIDAY WINTER EDITION TO SEE MORE GREAT RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY!
A Dish of Daily Life – Cucumber Salsa
An Affair from the Heart – Arancini (Three Cheese Fried Risotto Balls)
A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures – Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
Bacon Fatte – Spiced Bakery Style Ginger Pear Muffins
Bowl Me Over – Beef Tips and Gravy
The Devilish Dish – Chocolate Covered Snickers Strawberries
Full Belly Sisters – Easy Crockpot Cesar Chicken
LeMoine Family Kitchen – Frittata Ranchera Black Bean Salad
Life Currents – Garlic Sesame Noodles
Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Low Carb Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Mildly Meandering – Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup
Plattertalk – Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread
Seduction in the Kitchen – Reuben Meatball Casserole
Take Two Tapas – BLT Bacon Cups with Avocado
The Foodie Affair – Pineapple Bread Pudding
West Via Midwest – Spicy Smoke Sauced Shrimp
Who Needs a Cape? – Cheez-It Fiesta Baked Chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- ½ teaspoon Siracha sauce
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
Shrimp and Rice
- 2 pounds shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until all ingredients are combined, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry peeled and deveined shrimp.
- On the stove top heat a skillet to high. Once pan is hot, place olive oil into pan and swirl.
- Add shrimp to pan, leaving room in between. Cook shrimp for 1 minutes, then flip.
- Cook 1 mins more then add sauce to the skillet and cook until shrimp is cooked throughout .... about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve shrimp and sauce over white rice immediately.
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 571mgSodium: 2241mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 48g