Pepperoni Pizza Dip has all the things you love about pizza– gooey cheese, savory and crispy pepperoni with a sweet pizza sauce! A family favorite for entertaining for crowds, football game day or just a snack on a Friday night!
Pepperoni Pizza Dip is hot and gooey with all the crispy pepperoni in one bowl/pie plate of deliciousness! Easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser it’s an easy appetizer to serve a crowd!
This layered pizza dip is for those nights when you have the neighbors over and you need to feed both the adults and the kids.
I mean who doesn’t love a good pizza!?! A crust-less pizza that is super cheesy, full of pepperoni —all layered in-between cream cheese and pizza sauce! ( I have you covered if you want a crust below by using rolls !)
This party appetizer is completely customizable to your likes. You can put in your favorite pizza toppings whether it be sausages, ground beef, bell peppers, olives, onions or jalapeños ….basically, you can layer in all the toppings you enjoy for a fun party dip!
Grocery List for Pizza Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Italian Seasoning
- Pizza Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese
Most of these items you’ll have on hand without having to make a special trip. Don’t you just love pantry recipes?
How to make Pepperoni Cream Cheese Dip
- Start by softening the cream cheese for at least 30 minutes before working with it. It helps make sure that all of the ingredients are easily mixed in.
- Whip the cream cheese with the sour cream, Italian seasoning and oregano until nice and light.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a pie plate or a glass baking dish.
- BONUS LAYER– If I’m making this for my sister I add an extra layer of pepperoni on top of the cream cheese so it’s extra meaty!
- Ladle the pizza sauce over the pepperoni making sure to get all the way to the edge.
- Sprinkle a combo of mozzarella cheese and yellow cheddar cheese over the tomato sauce layer. Using two kinds of cheese gives a nice color presentation!
- Place bite-sized pieces of pepperoni on the very top.
- Bake at 375 until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown (about 25 minutes or so.)
Common Questions you might have with this easy Pizza Dip
Can I make this party dip ahead of time? Yes!~ Make the pizza dip up until the baking time up to 3 days ahead of time. Place it in the fridge, using plastic wrap to seal it. Remove it from the fridge about 30 minutes before you bake it.
What can I serve with the pizza cream cheese dip? Serve them hot and bubbly pizza dip with whatever you have. It works with herb toasts, bagel chips, pretzels (or soft pretzels)chips, crackers, baguettes, rolls, chips or tortilla chips.
Can I make this hot pizza dip in a crockpot? Yes, you can! But there is an added step for that. You’ll need to crisp the pepperoni and blot away all of the grease of the pepperoni before adding it to the crockpot. Follow the same instructions in the recipe but crisp the pepperoni. Cook on high for an hour then serve.
Can I bake this early in the day then serve it later? Pizza dip has that lovely gooey cheese when it comes out of the oven. While it’s certainly edible this way, it’s much better if you eat it right after baking it!
I don’t have a pizza sauce for this dip, can I use a marinara sauce? You can use any tomato sauce you have on hand. Or any pasta sauce for that matter, this pizza dip is totally customizable!
We have LOTs of easy delicious appetizers — You can find them all right here!
VARIATIONS ON PIZZA DIP
- Buffalo Chicken Dip. Use the same cream cheese mixture, but sub chicken and use buffalo sauce in place of the pizza sauce.
- Sausage Pizza Dip. Sub out sausage for the pepperoni. Cook and drain the sausage before adding it to the pizza dip
- White Pizza Dip. Top the cream cheese with sautéed spinach and mushrooms then use a simple Alfredo sauce instead of the pizza sauce. Use all mozzarella and sprinkle with fresh parsley for a little color on top!
- Pizza Roll Dip: Want to have hot rolls to dip into the dip? Buy frozen rolls and create a ring around the edge of your pie plate. Then build the dip in the center. (You may have to increase the cooking time- follow the cooking time on the roll package.)
- Cheeseburger Pizza Dip. Brown ground beef and sprinkle on top of the cream cheese. Use the pizza sauce but sub all cheddar cheese for the top of the dip!
More Hot Dips You Might Enjoy
STAY CONNECTED ON SOCIAL SO YOU DON’T MISS OUT ON THE LATEST RECIPES TO MAKE ENTERTAINING BOTH STRESS FREE AND DELICIOUS!
I’d love it if you enjoy this recipe if you’d comment and rate the recipe 5 stars in the recipe card. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hashtag any recipes you make from West Via Midwest #westviamidwestrecipes or tag me @michele_westviamidwest on Instagram to be featured on our stories!
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 6 ounces Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Pepperoni, sliced
- Soften the cream cheese for 30 minutes on the countertop for easy combining.
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- Using a mixer whip the cream cheese, oregano, italian seasoning and sour cream until well mixed and light.
- Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of a 9" pie plate or a small glass pyrex dish.
- Ladle on the pizza sauce evenly over the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the pepperoni over the top of the cream cheese and sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzerella and cheddar over the top for the next layer.
- Place the remaining pepperoni on the top of the cheese. If the pepperoni is really large you will want to cut it into small bite sized pieces so its easy to eat!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and the pepperoni is cooked.
- Serve immediatley with bread, chips, or whatever you prefer.
You can make this ahead up until the baking step. Place in the fridge with plastic wrap around it to protect it. Remove it from the fridge 30 minutes before you want to bake it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 791mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. Please calculate your own nutritional information if you want it exact to what you make and use my calculations as a guide only.