Artichoke Feta Dip is a super simple hot and creamy dip made with tangy artichokes and 3 kinds of delicious cheeses! Quick and easy for a casual girls night in and impressive enough for a fancy gathering. Serve with hearty crackers or crusty bread and your guests will be begging for the recipe!
Hot Artichoke Dip –If I were to ask you what ingredients come to mind when thinking about hot dips, feta and artichoke probably aren’t at the top of that list. But the brilliant thing about it is that it may sound gourmet but it really is simple comfort food. It just happens to be irresistible!
If you are a lover of all things salty and mouthwatering, then this dip is for you. If you are a lover of hot creamy cheesiness, then this dip is also for you!
For added convenience, Hot Artichoke Dip can be made ahead and is the perfect addition to any potluck or game day party. It is pretty addictive, so double the recipe for a crowd!
This recipe is inspired by a restaurant in St Cloud MN called Ciattis— it’s so popular people get their own appetizer portion because no one wants to share. Melty cheese, tender artichoke hearts slathered on to bread- I mean, does it get any better than Feta Artichoke Dip?!
- Cream Cheese– You can use either full or low fat as long as it’s in the block and not whipped. When it bakes you want the block for a more dense texture and a heartier consistency.
- Feta Cheese– Save yourself some money and buy a small block and crumble it yourself.
- Mayonnaise– Sorry folks, gotta use Kraft Real Mayo because anything else (Helmans, or Miracle whip) is too sweet. If you want to level up and make it even better you can make your own.
- Artichoke Hearts– you can get them sliced, but the quality is better if you buy them whole and slice them yourself. Get them in water instead of oil. The cheese in the dip will already create an amount of oil you don’t want to add to.
- Sour Cream– The higher the fat content the thicker the sour cream.
- Cheddar Cheese– I like to get the white cheddar but white or yellow will work just the same.
- Olives– Green or black work— slice them to bite-sized pieces
- Red Peppers– or pimentos— these are mainly for the color to add to the presentation.
How to make it
- Mix cheeses, leaving some cheddar aside, and sour cream together in a bowl.
- Squeeze excess water from artichokes, slice them and stir into cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar over top and bake until heated through.
- Sprinkle optional olives and peppers over top before serving warm.
If you’re making it ahead place in the fridge covered with plastic wrap. Remove it from the fridge 30 minutes to come to room temp before baking.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Defrost and drain a bag of frozen spinach paying special attention to drain away all the water to avoid watery dip. Stir in with all of the other ingredients.
Crab Artichoke Dip
Stir in lump meat crab when stirring all of the ingredients in and bake. I’d also add a little parmesan over the top for added richness with the crab.
Tips for Serving
I like to use a cast-iron pan these days to serve it. It holds the heat really well after serving and it has that fantastic rustic look on the table. Serve with a basket of crusty bread and people can share a community appetizer.
Don’t have an oven save skillet or want to microwave it? You can use a ceramic pie plate or a baking dish!
This dip goes fast! I’ve been known to have an extra in the fridge ready to bake after the first one is gone so there is more that is nice and piping hot.
What to serve it with
- Hearty Crackers (so they don’t break when spooning on the rich and decadent artichoke dip
- Warm bread Slices
- Tortilla Chips
- Thin Bagel Slices, toasted
Common Questions to making hot artichoke dip
I don’t want to turn on my oven, can I just microwave this dip? Yes you can! Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes until hot throughout. The top will not brown as much but it tastes just as delicious!
I would rather use fresh spinach in the dip is that ok? Sure, by all means, fresh works fine in artichoke dip. You’ll need to steam it first and drain away all excess liquid and just stir it into the dip. It will wilt down, of course, but if you want even smaller bits of spinach, you can chop before steaming.
Can I make this melty cheese and artichoke dip ahead of time? You can make this up to 3 days ahead of time and just bring close to room temp before baking. If you forget to take it out to warm up, just know the cooking time will be longer to get hot throughout.
How do I store leftovers? I don’t think you’ll run into this situation (hehe) but if you do, this dip can keep in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container. Reheat in microwave or oven and stir to combine.
More Hearty Party Dips to Enjoy
- Pub Style Cheese Dip (cold)
- Shrimp Dip (cold)
- Cheesy meatball Dip (hot)
- Crack Dip (cold)
- Hot Crab Dip
- This hot ham and Cheese Dip known as Mississippi Sin Dip is a southern favorite!
- Buffalo Cheese Dip
FREE TIPS FOR ENTERTAINING WITH EASE AND FUN DELICIOUS RECIPES WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST BELOW THE RECIPE!
Hashtag any recipes you make from West Via Midwest #westviamidwestrecipes or tag me @michele_westviamidwest on Instagram to be featured on our stories!
- 1 14 ounce can Artichoke hearts, , drained
- 1/2 cup Mayonaise (Kraft Mayo- see notes)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, (softened)
- 6 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- Sliced Olives
- Diced Red Peppers
- Mix Mayo, Cream cheese, feta, sour cream and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese together.
- Slice artichoke hearts into quarters and squeeze out any excess water from them.
- Gently stir artichoke hearts into cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Put into oven proof dish and bake at 325 for 20-30 mins until heated through.
- Sprinkle sliced olives and peppers over top before serving.
- Serve with crackers or bread toasts.
- Kraft real mayonnaise works better in this dip, Hellmans is a little too sweet for the dip.
- Full or light cream cheese works, but by the block because it mixes better for this- Its a little heavier than whipped and you need it for a hearty dip
All recipe calorie information was calculated on what I purchased to make this recipe in My Fitness Pal. When you make the recipe, the calorie content could vary depending on what specific ingredients/brands you actually use. Please take that into consideration if you are following a strict diet.
Serving Size:16 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g