Hatch Chili Pub Style Cheese Dip is an easy appetizer that is great for parties, football game days or just as a snack. Spreadable cheeses with a slight kick, great for entertaining!
Hatch Chili Pub Style Cheese Dip is a twist on a spreadable cheese found offered in many Irish pubs. Hatch Chilis being at the height of their season right now give an added kick to the dip. Don’t worry that it’s spicy because it’s not super hot. (If you’re concerned at all, cut the amount in half and then add more after tasting!)
Hatch Chilis are from New Mexico, there is some discussion they were introduced in two ways… either in 1609 in what is now Santa Fe New Mexico or to the Pueblo Indians during the late 1500s. (See more info here from the Hatch Chili Store.) They have a slight heat, but not so hot that you can’t taste anything after eating them.
This time of year Melissa’s Produce does roasting at local grocery stores all over California so you can purchase the fresh Hatch Chili’s have the store roast them for you to use in whatever you so desire. In the past, I have shared Hatch Chili Salsa …check it out for another great way to use Hatch Chilis! (This post is NOT sponsored by Melissa’s, I just love them and find they offer the best produce so I highly recommend them!)
Need other Dip Ideas? Check out all of our Party Dips!
Points of Interest on Hatch Chili Pub Style Cheese Dip
- Because hatch chilis are not available all year long I give the option for using canned chilis. But if you have access to hatch chilis, roast some and make your own if at all possible. The flavor is smokier and it is a treat!
- Easy/Hard Easy, if you have a food processor (similar to these here.) It literally takes only about 10 minutes to make this dip. The hardest part is letting it sit in the fridge and let the flavor really permeate all the cheeses. But it is worth the wait!
- Ideas for serving: Make it to watch a football game, or for having people over after an afternoon of watching your kid’s soccer games. It pairs perfectly with beer… (i.e.,, the name PUB CHEESE!).
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese, cubed or shredded
- 4 ounce can Hatch Green Chili's/ or fresh roasted Hatch Chilis (see Notes), liquid drained, and saved
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a food processor add all ingredients and pulse to a spreadable consistency. If you feel it is too thick, use a little of the liquid from the hatch chili's to thin it. Be sure to add it really slowly to not over liquify it.
- The dip is better if you let it set up for a couple of hours to overnight. By letting it set up, the flavors really meld together.
Roast the chilis until softened, peel the skins, then chop into bite sized pieces. Use 4 tablespoons if using fresh!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Serving Size:8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g