These bacon-wrapped jalapeno peppers are stuffed with cream cheese and are the answer to those people who are following a low carb diet but still want to have a delicious, filling appetizer. They are tender, juicy, filled with melty cheese, wrapped in bacon with the sweetness of the peppers. Perfect for a BBQ or any get-together!
These are great on their own, but you could make a party of it by making appetizers the whole meal by serving Crispy Wings or Crispy Baked Potato Skins.
Bacon Cheese Pepper Poppers are a perfect choice for a get together where you have people who are eating low carb or gluten-free. And no one will miss anything if you serve these.
The cheese is melty, the pepper stays really succulent and the bacon gives it the salty/crunch that makes you want to keep eating more of these.
I’m trying to eat fewer carbs and it seems like a LOT of people I know are too. Trying to get a high amount of protein in my diet at the same time can be challenging.
This recipe for Bacon Cheese Pepper Poppers allows everyone to eat with no worries because it’s so full of flavor while still hitting the low carb needs of so many of us.
Step by Step Tips for Stress-free Appetizers (EASY!)
- Jalapenos can be hot, if you’re concerned, use plastic gloves while you are working with them.
- To cut down on the heat, scrape out the seeds.
- Buy thick-cut bacon, then roll it out using a rolling pin so that the bacon doubles in size. fold it in half end to end and cut it in half then wrap that around the stuffed jalapeños. Not only does it save a little money, because the bacon goes further, but the thinner bacon cooks faster.
- I cut off the stem, but if you choose you can leave them on and it makes an easy thing for people to grab.
- I love that they are so versatile! Bake the poppers in the oven, air fry them or grill them.
- Stuffed Jalapenos are simple to make and the poppers can be made ahead of time and be ready to pop in the oven, air fryer or the grill just when you want— translation.. more time with your guests or family instead of being in the kitchen!
- Jalapeno, cream cheese and bacon make this so simple. Make them ahead to the point of cooking them, then you can freeze them and pull them out when people drop by for a last-minute appetizer. (If you freeze them, you’ll have to add cooking time to them and let them defrost for 15 minutes before cooking.
Air Fried Jalapeno Poppers
Place them on the bottom of the basket with a little space in between then air fry for 15-20 minutes at 390° -400° You’ll want to cook them until the bacon is crisp.
Bacon Cheese Pepper Popper Recipe Points of Interest:
Easy/Hard: This recipe is super easy. Scooping out the seeds of the peppers is probably the hardest thing about the recipe. See? That’s not even hard!
Make-Ahead Prep? Absolutely. You can make these a day ahead and then cook them when your guests arrive. They will be salivating when they smell bacon cooking.
Cocktail Suggestion: The next time I make these I’m going to make them with a Bloody Mary and use the Bacon Cheese Pepper Popper as an add-on to the drink! They would also go well with beer or wine for a Football watching party. Lastly, they would go great with the Saki-tini… a mixed drink that would really pair well with the bacon and Cheese in this appetizer!
More Party Finger Foods you Might Enjoy
- Air Fried Taquitos (oven method option)
- Asian Meatballs! Our most popular meatball!
- Caramelized Onion Roast Beef Sliders
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings (great dipping sauce too!)
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp! (simply the most delicious shrimp ever!)
- Ham & Swiss Sliders
Bacon Cheese Pepper Poppers
Bacon Cheese Pepper Poppers hit on all cylinders. They are tender, juicy, filled with melty cheese, wrapped in bacon with the sweetness of the peppers. Perfect for a BBQ or any get together!
- 12 small peppers, assorted colors
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces of bacon
SEE DIAGRAM IN POST FOR PICS OF STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS!!
- Rinse peppers, cut of tops then cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out veins and any seeds, set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese until well blended.
- Roll cheese mixture into nickel size balls (see photo), set aside.
- Roll each piece of bacon to almost double its size.
- Cut bacon in half both lengthwise and then cut that in half width-wise. (see diagram) Each piece of bacon will give you 4 pieces of bacon for 4 different peppers.
- Place cheese ball into pepper half and press the cheese into all parts of the pepper.
- Then wrap one piece of bacon around the pepper.
- Allow to chill for 15 minutes minimum (if you are making ahead, make to here then place in a sealed container until ready to cook.)
- Grill at medium heat while watching the entire time, about 15-20 minutes. You must watch the entire time and make sure the grill doesn't flame up and burn them. Move them around to avoid any hot spots. Grill until bacon is crisped and browned and cheese is melty. (see notes for AIr Fryer and Oven instructions)
- Serve immediately.
- Air Fryer Instructions: Place in Air fryer, with space in between for about 10 minutes at 390°. Check them, and if the bacon is not done, continue cooking for 2 minutes until the desired doneness.
- Oven Instructions: Preheat oven to 400° Place on a baking sheet about 2 " apart. Bake for 15 minutes, then check the doneness of the bacon. Remove when golden brown and crisp.
Serving Size:24 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Carbohydrates: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Here was my assembly line process…
Sunday 16th of August 2020
These look SO good I was wondering on the bacon did you use thick cut bacon or reg cut bacon and if you used reg can you use thick cut bacon? I want to make these for my hubby but only likes thick cut bacon.
Sunday 16th of August 2020
You can use either--- the thick cut bacon will take a little longer to crisp up for you! Hope your husband enjoys them!
Tuesday 11th of April 2017
Love these as an appetizer, but they're also a great snack all on their own.
Friday 17th of June 2016
Perfect starter for any party! Bacon is always a good idea..
Monday 20th of June 2016
Right? I think bacon does amazing things to whatever it is added too! ~m
Thursday 16th of June 2016
My OH is a bacon fanatic and loves chillies. I think I would make these with the small mild chillies instead.
Thursday 16th of June 2016
Oh my!! Thats a fabulous starter. Beautifully done.