Easy Ham and Swiss Sliders on Hawaiian rolls are the perfect finger food for game day parties. 10 min prep and then just pop in the oven 20 minutes before you are ready to serve!
Nothing beats easy foods for entertaining! These Easy Hawaiian Ham and Swiss Sliders can’t get any easier and the fact that ham and cheese are perennial favorites will make your game day menu a success!
These bite-sized treats aka ham Swiss sliders are party sandwiches that are made in one dish. Assembled in a casserole dish or baking tray which you can make ahead and just pop into the oven when you’re ready to eat! They are also a great way to use all of the leftover ham you might have this time of year!
These game day sandwiches are filled with fresh ham and lots of Swiss cheese. Top that deliciousness with the butter then the buttery Worcestershire mustard sauce that you brush over the top before baking and you get a bite-sized game day snack that makes them a step above your average ham and cheese sliders.
If you want a sauce to serve on the side be sure and make up a quick batch (less than 10 minutes) of the Caroline Mustard Barbecue Sauce. It’s a great addition to these ham sliders.
PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE GAME DAY BOARD FOR EASY REFERENCE!!
The easiest way to assemble ham and swiss sliders
Buying the rolls in the plastic packages where you have to pull them apart makes cutting the rolls for assembly super easy. Our family LOVES Kings Hawaiian Sweet rolls so that is what I used.. But you can use the rolls your family likes for an easy substitute.
Assemble the sandwiches in the same bread block. Only cut them after serving them. Note in the photo below this loaf will make six sliders. You won’t break them apart until after baking.
Then you cover them with the entire slice of tops then drizzle on the butter sauce just before baking!
Swaps and Questions with these sliders for game day snacks:
Can I make these ham sliders ahead of time? By all means, make them ahead of time so you aren’t missing watching the big plays! Assemble them and have them covered with foil until you’re ready to bake them. When you turn on the oven to heat it up, remove the foil and drizzle the butter mustard sauce over the sliders at that time.)
Do I have to use the butter sauce? Well, you don’t have to if you don’t want to, but the butter sauce makes these ham and cheese sliders. I know if you are watching what you eat you will be tempted to reduce or skip the butter/mustard sauce. It makes the ham and cheese slider.
The liquid spreads out and melds all of the flavors deliciously when baking. There is a little bit of mustard and Worcestershire in the sauce which add a buttery tang to each bite. Besides the sliders are so small you can limit the amount but still enjoy the whole flavor of the sauce in each bite!
What other rolls or breads can I use to make these sliders? I’m particular to soft dinner type bread rolls, but any soft bread or small roll will work. If you are using rolls that are not still attached, just lay them in the casserole dish close together then assemble them all at once.
Do I have to bake these ham and swiss sliders? You can absolutely serve these cold without baking them. If you do that brush the sauce on the inside of the roll before placing the ham and cheese on the bread. You’ll still have a great full-flavored sandwich!
Can I sub any other cheese for the Swiss cheese? You can use any cheese that you like, preferably ones that melt easily. Cheddar, American, Provolone or Gouda work well.
STAY CONNECTED ON SOCIAL SO YOU DON’T MISS OUT ON THE LATEST RECIPES TO MAKE ENTERTAINING BOTH STRESS FREE AND DELICIOUS!
FREE TIPS FOR ENTERTAINING WITH EASE AND FUN DELICIOUS RECIPES WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST BELOW THE RECIPE !
More Ideas for easy Super bowl Game Day Snacks:
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs ~ low fat, high protein option!
- Meatball Skillet Dip
- Shrimp Dip
- Crack Dip
- BBQ Bacon Meatball Sliders
PIN THIS TO YOUR Game Day Food or Appetizer boards for when you are looking for recipe ideas! You can also Follow me on Pinterest to get more ideas to have for making easy delicious meals and appetizers for any entertaining!
- 24 kings Hawaiian sweet rolls, (1 package
- 2 pounds ham, good quality
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, optional
- Remove the rolls from the plastic bag and cut in half for a sandwich. Do not pull the rolls apart, you will be cutting the loaf into just two pieces.
- Layer ham evenly over the top of the bottom stack of rolls. Then layer the cheese slices (or grated cheese if you bought fresh) over the top of the ham.
- Place the top of the rolls on top to form a loaf of sandwiches. Place entire loaf into a baking dish. Cover with foil and place in fridge until ready to bake.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325°
- While oven is heating up, melt butter in a microwave safe glass bowl for 45 seconds.
- Add mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir to blend.
- Remove foil from the top of baking dish. Using a brush, brush all butter over the top and sides of the rolls, using all butter mixture.
- Recover rolls with foil, then place into the oven (when heated to proper temp) and bake covered for 25 minutes until cheese is fully melted. Then remove foil and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Then cut along individual roll areas to get 24 individual sliders. Serve immediately.
Serving Size:24 sliders
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 15gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g