Easy garlic parmesan wings are air fried to perfection to get extra crispy then doused in a garlicky buttery glaze with a lot of parmesan cheese. A simple recipe that is great for game night, watching the big game or a simple option for dinner!
Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings are a fun new twist on chicken wings. Made in the air fryer or the oven they are easier than deep-frying but are still super crispy and full of flavor.
Everyone loves a great buffalo sauce but this parmesan garlic wing sauce is a great way to still have wings in a totally different way.
A fun addition to any game day or cocktail party appetizer menu you’ll find yourself making them for all occasions you can!
Today’s recipe is another edition of Freaky Friday! These events put on by Michaela at An Affair from the Heart once a quarter. Each person involved is secretly given a website to share with our readers. No one knows who each other has which makes it a surprise.
I love these events because I get to make a recipe that I know will resonate with my audience without all the developing and testing while you get a chance to see another site you might not have found!
This Fall I have Steph from A Grand Life. She has been blogging since 2007 and has lots of content that is super helpful. She’s especially great at creating lists like best game-day dip recipes and all the apple recipes you need to make this fall.
Steph has so many great recipes but she also does travel, crafts, and things for families. She has two sweet boys and her husband even helps her with the website by writing an occasional post from Dad’s point of view.
She writes about her family, recipes, blogging, and photography. I especially like that if you are a new reader of her site she has a page just for you to highlight things you might want to check out.
My favorite post, that was not a recipe was on 10 Life Hacks you need to know. There are at least 3 tips on that list that are GOLDEN. Seriously a taco pan from a muffin tin and the filling a bucket from the tiniest basin without making a HUGE mess I’ve already put to good use.
I chose to make her garlic parmesan chicken wings because butter garlic and parmesan sounded so amazing on wings. I was not disappointed.
PIN THIS FOR YOUR NEXT COCKTAIL PARTY!
Grocery List for Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wing Recipe
- Chicken Wings
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Cloves/Garlic Powder
- Onion Salt
- Black Pepper
I like the little drummies which tend to be a little meatier but any wings will do. If you get super meaty wings the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
If you have fresh parmesan it’s my preferred cheese to use. But I have made these with the Kraft Green Bottled parmesan and they are just as finger-licking good!
PRO TIP: Use a thermometer to cook the chicken wings to a safe temperature of 165°
The wings were super crispy but had this golden garlic parmesan butter that made everyone at our cocktail party happy and coming back for more. So many times I had to make a third batch.
How to make Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Chicken Wings
I chose to make these air fried chicken wings in my Crisplid which turned my pressure cooker/instant pot into an air fryer. But a regular air fryer would work the same. I’ve included both methods in the recipe card. (They are the same except for the temperature to air fry them at.
Spray the air fryer basket with an oil spray to prevent sticking.
Be sure and lay the wings in a single layer so both sides cook/brown.
Cooking the wings naked allows the wings to get super crispy. You’ll brush the butter on in just the last minutes of cooking.
Flip the wings when cooking so both sides get nice and crispy.
Steph put all of the parmesan into the butter but I liked seeing more parmesan for my presentation so I saved half of it and sprinkled it on before serving.
You can also sprinkle it on right after brushing the garlic butter on so it gets a little melty and crunchy in the last few minutes of cooking.
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Place the wings on a wire rack atop a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 55 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and toss the wings in a large bowl in the butter sauce. Then place back on the tray and broil for 5 minutes then serve.
More Air Fryer Recipes you might enjoy!
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Homemade Air Fried Taquitos
- Chicken Parmesan in the Air Fryer
- Korean Chicken Wings
- Burgers in the Air Fryer
STAY CONNECTED ON SOCIAL SO YOU DON’T MISS OUT ON THE LATEST RECIPES TO MAKE ENTERTAINING BOTH STRESS FREE AND DELICIOUS!
FREE TIPS FOR ENTERTAINING WITH EASE AND FUN DELICIOUS RECIPES WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST BELOW THE RECIPE!
- 1 pound Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Turn your AIr Fryer to 390° Preheat for 5 minutes
- Spray basket with oil spray to avoid sticking.
- Spread Wings out on basket.
- Cook for 12 minutes at 390°
- While wings are cooking melt butter in the microwave and add garlic, onion salt, and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Open air fryer and flip the wings over so each side gets evenly crisped.
- Cook for 8 minutes longer.
- NOTE: Wings and air fryers vary so cook wings to a safe 165°
- Brush on butter mixture onto wings. Cook for 3 mins more.
- Remove from air fryer, place on a plate and sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over the top.
- Can be served alone or alongside your favorite dressing or an additional serving of the garlic parmesan butter for dipping.
NOTE: All AIr Fryers and are different and cooking times can vary depending on the size of your wings. Use a thermometer to cook the wings to a safe temperature of 165°
Crisp Lid Instructions: Turn Crisp Lid to 425° and follow the rest of the directions as listed.
- Preheat oven to 425º and place a wire rack on a large baking sheet. Place chicken wings on wire rack and bake until golden and crispy, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- While wings are baking, combine all ingredients to make your sauce.
- Transfer baked wings to a large bowl and toss with garlic Parmesan sauce. Return to rack and broil for about 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 529 Total Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 134mg Sodium: 987mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 23g
Take a look at all of our Fall 2019 Freaky Friday Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- A Grande Life – Easy Beer Cheddar Dip
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Three Cheese Roast Beef Sliders
- Bowl Me Over – Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- Healing Tomato – Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Hostess at Heart – Caramel Apple Pie Snack Mix
- House of Nash Eats – Slow Cooker Applesauce Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – White Cheddar Broccoli Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Lemon Blossoms – Maple Oven Roasted Carrots
- Life, Love & Good Food – Pasta Fagioli Soup Recipe
- Mildly Meandering – Saffron Rice
- Soulfully Made – Salted Dark Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Take Two Tapas – Margarita Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- The Speckled Palate – Halloween Peanut Butter Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Who Needs a Cape? – Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade