Easy garlic parmesan wings are air fried to perfection to get extra crispy then doused in a garlicky buttery glaze with a lot of parmesan cheese. A simple recipe that is great for game night, watching the big game or a simple option for dinner!
Having a lot of variety for game day party food or just lots of snacks for card night is a great plan! These would pair great with BBQ Chicken Potato Skins and our Sticky Teriyaki Wings!
Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings are a fun new twist on chicken wings. Made in the air fryer or the oven they are easier than deep-frying but are still super crispy and full of flavor.
Everyone loves a great buffalo sauce but this parmesan garlic wing sauce is a great way to still have wings in a totally different way.
A fun addition to any game day or cocktail party appetizer menu you’ll find yourself making them for all occasions you can!
Some of my most popular recipes are Extra Crispy Air Fried Chicken wings, Baked Wings and Korean Chicken wings so I know you will enjoy this flavor twist with garlic parmesan sauce.
Today’s recipe is another edition of Freaky Friday! These events put on by Michaela at An Affair from the Heart once a quarter. Each person involved is secretly given a website to share with our readers. No one knows who each other has which makes it a surprise.
I love these events because I get to make a recipe that I know will resonate with my audience without all the developing and testing while you get a chance to see another site you might not have found!
This Fall I have Steph from A Grand Life. She has been blogging since 2007 and has lots of content that is super helpful. She’s especially great at creating lists like best game-day dip recipes and all the apple recipes you need to make this fall.
Steph has so many great recipes but she also does travel, crafts, and things for families. She has two sweet boys and her husband even helps her with the website by writing an occasional post from Dad’s point of view.
She writes about her family, recipes, blogging, and photography. I especially like that if you are a new reader of her site she has a page just for you to highlight things you might want to check out.
My favorite post, that was not a recipe was on 10 Life Hacks you need to know. There are at least 3 tips on that list that are GOLDEN. Seriously a taco pan from a muffin tin and the filling a bucket from the tiniest basin without making a HUGE mess I’ve already put to good use.
I chose to make her garlic parmesan chicken wings because butter garlic and parmesan sounded so amazing on wings. I was not disappointed.
PIN THIS FOR YOUR NEXT COCKTAIL PARTY!
Grocery List for Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wing Recipe
- Chicken Wings
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Cloves/Garlic Powder
- Onion Salt
- Black Pepper
I like the little drummies which tend to be a little meatier but any wings will do. If you get super meaty wings the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
If you have fresh parmesan it’s my preferred cheese to use. But I have made these with the Kraft Green Bottled parmesan and they are just as finger-licking good!
PRO TIP: Use a thermometer to cook the chicken wings to a safe temperature of 165°
The wings were super crispy but had this golden garlic parmesan butter that made everyone at our cocktail party happy and coming back for more. So many times I had to make a third batch.
How to make Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Chicken Wings
I chose to make these air fried chicken wings in my Crisplid which turned my pressure cooker/instant pot into an air fryer. But a regular air fryer would work the same. I’ve included both methods in the recipe card. (They are the same except for the temperature to air fry them at.
Spray the air fryer basket with an oil spray to prevent sticking.
Be sure and lay the wings in a single layer so both sides cook/brown.
Cooking the wings naked allows the wings to get super crispy. You’ll brush the butter on in just the last minutes of cooking.
Flip the wings when cooking so both sides get nice and crispy.
Steph put all of the parmesan into the butter but I liked seeing more parmesan for my presentation so I saved half of it and sprinkled it on before serving.
You can also sprinkle it on right after brushing the garlic butter on so it gets a little melty and crunchy in the last few minutes of cooking.
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Place the wings on a wire rack atop a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 55 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and toss the wings in a large bowl in the butter sauce. Then place back on the tray and broil for 5 minutes then serve.
More Air Fryer Recipes you might enjoy!
- Cheetos Chicken ~ so much flavor!
- Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops
- Lamb Chops in the Air Fryer
- Homemade Air Fried Taquitos
- Chicken Parmesan in the Air Fryer
- Korean Chicken Wings
- Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pork Cutlets
FREE TIPS FOR ENTERTAINING WITH EASE AND FUN DELICIOUS RECIPES WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST BELOW THE RECIPE!
Air Fryer Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings
Easy garlic parmesan chicken wings are air fried to perfection so they are nice and crispy then doused in a garlicky buttery glaze with a lot of parmesan cheese. A simple recipe that is great for game night, watching the big game or a simple appetizer for dinner! (OVEN AND CRISPLID INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED)
- 1 pound Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Turn your AIr Fryer to 390° Preheat for 5 minutes
- Spray basket with oil spray to avoid sticking.
- Spread Wings out on basket.
- Cook for 12 minutes at 390°
- While wings are cooking melt butter in the microwave and add garlic, onion salt, and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Open air fryer and flip the wings over so each side gets evenly crisped.
- Cook for 8 minutes longer.
- NOTE: Wings and air fryers vary so cook wings to a safe 165°
- Brush on butter mixture onto wings. Cook for 3 mins more.
- Remove from air fryer, place on a plate and sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over the top.
- Can be served alone or alongside your favorite dressing or an additional serving of the garlic parmesan butter for dipping.
NOTE: All AIr Fryers and are different and cooking times can vary depending on the size of your wings. Use a thermometer to cook the wings to a safe temperature of 165°
Crisp Lid Instructions: Turn Crisp Lid to 425° and follow the rest of the directions as listed.
- Preheat oven to 425º and place a wire rack on a large baking sheet. Place chicken wings on wire rack and bake until golden and crispy, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- While wings are baking, combine all ingredients to make your sauce.
- Transfer baked wings to a large bowl and toss with garlic Parmesan sauce. Return to rack and broil for about 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 529Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 987mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 23g
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. Please calculate your own nutritional information if you want it exact to what you make and use my calculations as a guide only.
Take a look at all of our Fall 2019 Freaky Friday Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- A Grande Life – Easy Beer Cheddar Dip
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Three Cheese Roast Beef Sliders
- Bowl Me Over – Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- Healing Tomato – Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Hostess at Heart – Caramel Apple Pie Snack Mix
- House of Nash Eats – Slow Cooker Applesauce Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – White Cheddar Broccoli Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Lemon Blossoms – Maple Oven Roasted Carrots
- Life, Love & Good Food – Pasta Fagioli Soup Recipe
- Mildly Meandering – Saffron Rice
- Soulfully Made – Salted Dark Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Take Two Tapas – Margarita Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- The Speckled Palate – Halloween Peanut Butter Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Who Needs a Cape? – Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade
Top 30 Fried Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – Best Round Up Recipe Collections
Monday 13th of March 2023
[…] Best Fried Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings from Easy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings West Via Midwest. Source Image: www.westviamidwest.com. Visit this site for details: www.westviamidwest.com […]
Tuesday 1st of October 2019
I really like to chicken wings. I am going to try your preparation this week end. Thanks
Monday 30th of September 2019
Wow! These are so good! My hubby wants me to make them weekly now!
Monday 7th of October 2019
Ha! I get the same request from my husband! WIngs for everyone! ~m
Monday 30th of September 2019
These are our favorite wings EVER! I haven't tried them in the AirFryer but I am NOW!
Jennifer A Stewart
Sunday 29th of September 2019
I am so glad I found this recipe! I have been making my wings in the air fryer but have been making the same flavors and Brooks was getting annoyed. When we go out for wings he always gets a garlic flavor while I stick with the hot buffalo and now I can give him his favorite flavor at home. He took one bite of the crispy wing with the garlic parmesan and fell in love!