Greek lamb burgers are made with seasoned ground lamb patties that are air fried and topped with tzatziki sauce. This easy burger recipe is a healthy and made for family dinner or casual barbecues.
I’m super excited to share with you this weeks recipe for an air fryer recipe for Greek Lamb Burgers with tzatziki sauce. It’s one of two recipes I’m sharing as a part of Burger Month.
All summer long we love to barbecue but sometimes the weather is too hot and humid outside or we’ve been outside all day and want to cook indoors in the nice cool air-conditioned house.
This juicy, greek seasoned air fryer burger is the perfect thing for those kinds of days.
I love getting all the messages that you want more air fryer recipes and how much you are really enjoying the air fryer pork chops and the air fryer lamb chops. When I heard about burger month I knew I had to do one recipe in the air fryer.
Burger month is a month long event put on by Kita at Girl Carnivore with a huge giveaway that you can enter for the ultimate burger grilling kit worth over $800. This post is part of a kick-butt burger grill giveaway hosted by Girl Carnivore but the burger epicness is all my own. (*** Be sure and scroll down to the bottom to enter the giveaway!)
Why make burgers in the air fryer?
Burgers in the air fryer come out crazy juicy and full of flavor as if you cooked the patties in a skillet but without any excess oil you get a nice firm crust, with juices pouring out.
Air fryers are ideal summer time cooking because:
- no excess heat from the stovetop
- super easy clean-up (rinse and wash in the dishwasher)
- no smoke or lingering grease smells
Tips to make this greek style lamb burger in the Air Fryer:
- Make a homemade tzatziki sauce to slather over the burger
- Season meat with greek oregano, pepper, and crumbled feta
- Form thick patties (I suggest 6-ounce patties for a nice thick burger)
- Use a good quality bun. I used a good brioche soft bun for these and they worked great.
- Cook in batches on the rack in the air fryer. Spray the rack with a bit of oil to help prevent sticking.
How to make on a lamb burgers on the grill
This recipe from lamb burgers is easily adapted to cooking on the grill. Form the patties as listed and cook on a hot grill for 12-15 minutes total (Flip at 8 minutes) until the lamb is at an internal temperature of 155°. (The burger will continue to cook a little when removed from the grill.)
Ground Lamb Burgers on the stovetop
Lamb burgers can be cooked on the stovetop in a heavy bottom pan. I suggest a cast iron skillet to cook them. Form the burgers as directed then heat a cast iron pan to medium-high. Cook for 9 minutes on one side, flip and cook until the thermometer reads 155°
These air fryer burgers are perfect for summer bbq’s, Memorial Day get togethers or a Fourth of July Picnic. Or any weeknight dinner considering how easy they are to both cook and clean up.
What to serve with Greek Lamb Burgers:
- Fresh Chili Lime Corn Salad
- Grandma’s Baked Beans
- Potato Salad with Bacon: Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Margarita Pie
Be sure and follow along all month at BurgerMonth.com to see all the mouthwatering burgers we are all sharing!
A huge thanks to the #BurgerMonth sponsors for the Ultimate Burger Grilling Giveaway: Cabot Cheese, Char-Griller Grills, Crow Canyon Home, Porter Road, Melissas Produce, Red Duck, Spiceology, & Western BBQ
I’d love it if you enjoy this recipe if you’d comment and rate the recipe in the recipe card. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hashtag any recipes you make from West Via Midwest #westviamidwestrecipes or tag me @michele_westviamidwest on Instagram to be featured on our stories!
- 1.5 pounds ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 4 buns
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce
- Make tzatziki sauce and have ready when you start your burgers.
- Turn Air Fryer on to 375° (preheat for 5 minutes)
- In a medium bowl mix together ground lamb, oregano, crumbled feta cheese and pepper. Once completely blended form into four 6 ounce patties making certain to keep them all the same thickness. Once the burgers are formed, sprinkle outsides with salt and pepper.
- Spray the basket with olive oil to prevent sticking. Place all burgers in a single layer on the basket of the air fryer. If your air fryer is small you may cook in batches.
- Cook about 8-10 minutes per side, flipping at 10 minutes. Use a thermometer to cook to an internal temperature of 160°
- Remove from air fryer and allow to rest for 5 minutes to allow juices to settle.
- Serve each burger atop a brioche bun, along side a tray of lettuce leaves and tomato slices. Serve each burger topped with 2 tablespoons of the tzatziki sauce.
The calorie info was calculated using 1/4 cup tzatziki sauce on top of each burger.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 790Saturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 1126mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 38g
Check out these other sites to see more delicious burgers all month long!
🍔 Girl Carnivore 🍔 A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures 🍔 A Simple Pantry 🍔 Abra’s Kitchen 🍔 AcadiaTwo’s Kitchen Antics 🍔 An Affair from the Heart 🍔 Bakersbeans 🍔 Betsi’s World 🍔Caroline’s Cooking 🍔 Cindy’s Recipes and Writings 🍔 City Living Boston 🍔 Cluttercafe 🍔Comfortably Domestic 🍔 Cooking With Carlee 🍔 Convos with Karen 🍔Daily Dish Recipes 🍔 Dance Around The Kitchen 🍔 Dixie Chik Cooks 🍔 Dizzy Busy and Hungry 🍔 Doodlecraft 🍔 Everyday Eileen 🍔 Family Around the Table 🍔 Family Food on the Table 🍔 Family Spice 🍔Farmwife Feeds 🍔Food Above Gold 🍔 For the Love of Food 🍔 Grillax.com 🍔 Grilling Montana 🍔 Grumpy’s Honeybunch 🍔 Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks 🍔 Honeybunch Hunts 🍔 HORNS BBQ 🍔 Intelligent Domestications 🍔 It Is a Keeper 🍔 Jolene’s Recipe Journal 🍔 Jonesin For Taste 🍔 Juggling Act Mama 🍔 Karen’s Kitchen Stories 🍔 Kate’s Recipe Box 🍔 Krazy Kitchen Mom 🍔 Life Anchored 🍔 Life of a Ginger 🍔 Mildly Meandering 🍔 Miss in the KItchen 🍔 Palatable Pastime 🍔 Pastry Chef Online 🍔 Perspective Portions 🍔 Plowing Through Life 🍔 PNW Eats 🍔 Pook’s Pantry 🍔 Real Life With Dad 🍔 Sarah’s Cucina Bella 🍔 Seduction In The Kitchen 🍔 Simple and Savory 🍔 Souffle Bombay 🍔 Spiced 🍔 Spoonabilities 🍔 Strawberry Blondie Kitchen 🍔 SueBee Homemaker 🍔 Sumptuous Spoonfuls 🍔 Sweet ReciPeas 🍔 Swirls of Flavor 🍔 Take Two Tapas 🍔 Tampa Cake Girl 🍔 Taste And See 🍔 The Baking Fairy 🍔 The Beard and The Baker 🍔 The Complete Savorist 🍔 The Crumby Kitchen 🍔 The Heritage Cookbook Project 🍔 The Redhead Baker 🍔 The Rowdy Baker 🍔 The Schmidty Wife 🍔 The Shirley Journey 🍔 The Spiffy Cookie 🍔 This Farm Girl Cooks 🍔 Thyme for Cocktails 🍔 We are not Martha 🍔 Well Fed Baker 🍔 West Via Midwest 🍔What’s Cooking Italian Style Cuisine 🍔 Who Needs A Cape? 🍔 Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen 🍔 Wok & Skillet 🍔Zest & SImmer 🍔
This site uses affiliate links, such as Amazon which pays this site a small commission if you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full info here.