Fresh Chili Lime Sweet Corn Salad is THE ideal BBQ side dish to bring for any party this summer! Sweet, succulent corn, fresh juicy tomatoes blended with a cold chili lime dressing.
Fresh Chili Lime Sweet Corn Salad is a recipe that can be made in 15 minutes which in the summer is a necessity because who wants to spend all that time in the kitchen cooking when you could be outside enjoying friends and family!
This BBQ side dish salad is optimal in the summer because corn is at its peak of sweetness. I grew up in Nebraska and let me tell you there is nothing like fresh-picked corn in late July. The corn is so sweet and juicy that you could eat it right after you shuck it– it’s so tender and delicious if you really didn’t want to cook it. It’s just that fresh.
That being said, the Chili Lime in this (which I also used on this Grilled Green Chili Aioli Cheeseburger) is so full of flavor you can make this salad all year long and not be disappointed.
Points of Interest of the Fresh Chili Lime Sweet Corn Salad:
- I made this recipe by boiling it but if you want to grill it you can do that too! Here is an easy how to grill corn from What’s cooking America?
- And of course, if you can grill corn and boil it, you can also use frozen packaged corn too! (thus why it works ALL YEAR LONG! 😉
- This salad is better the second day. Make it the night before you want to take it to a BBQ and the flavors just get better and better.
- This Fresh Chili Lime Sweet Corn Salad is very versatile too. You can add other things to it as well, such as cucumbers, avocado, celery. You can even add different colored peppers to make it a little more festive.
Need more ideas for what to serve along side your meal? Find all the SIDE DISH recipes you need here!
Looking for other recipes to bring or serve at a BBQ? Look at this deliciousness!
- 4 large ears of sweet corn, removed from husks, (5 cups of corn)
- 1/4 cup Green Chili Aioli
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, (juice from one large lime)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (or 1/2'd cherry tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup fresh crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- Bring water to a boil in a large stock pot with enough water that once you put the corn in they will be completely covered.
- Add corn to pot and boil until tender about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from water, drain water and then on a cutting board place the ears of corn to cool until you are able to handle them.
- Cut corn away from cob and place in a bowl and place in fridge to cool for 15 minutes (you want corn to cool so when you add the aioli it does not separate.). THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT!
- Once corn is cooled add tomatoes, basil, lime juice and aioli and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Then if serving immediately, sprinkle feta cheese over the top and serve. If serving the next day, or later in the day wait to sprinkle the feta cheese until you are ready to serve.
- This salad is better if you make it early in the day or the night before and wait to serve it. 🙂
All recipe calorie information was calculated on what I purchased to make this recipe in My Fitness Pal. When you make the recipe, the calorie content could vary depending on what specific ingredients/brands you actually use. Please take that into consideration if you are following a strict diet.
Serving Size:10 1/2 cup servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Carbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
This site uses affiliate links, such as Amazon which pays this site a small commission if you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full info here.