This is a go to dip in our house for a simple cheese ball that packs a punch of flavor! If you love Buffalo wings, you’ll love the flavors of this cheese ball for an easy appetizer! It goes well with pretzels, veggies or tortilla chips!
If you love buffalo wings you are going to love this weeks recipe for Buffalo Cheese dip! It’s got the wing sauce to give it a zesty, spicy taste which even though it might have a little heat, the cream cheese keeps it cool!
Using just four ingredients the dip comes together in 10 minutes and is completely and totally addicting! You can serve it on crackers, pretzels, potato chips or tortilla chips.
Want something a little healthier? Scoop it up with sliced carrots and celery sticks! You won’t miss the crackers at all—– the delicious cheese ball flavors make it seem like you are cheating but you aren’t!
It’s that time of year for another edition of Freaky Friday-– an old fashioned blog hop hosted by Michaela from An Affair from the Heart. Several foodies swap names and share recipes from the other’s site.
It’s a win-win in my book as I get to make a delicious recipe without all the testing and then you get to check out another site that you might not have ever found!
This round I have Heather at Sugar Dish Me. When I was assigned Heather’s site and started to poke around I was so excited. By the name Sugar Dish Me you know there will be several delicious sweet recipes.
I wasn’t disappointed as I found several I wanted to make…. Bourbon Caramel Apple Shortcake, Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Braid and all sorts of cookies, cakes — She’s kind of an expert on biscuits… omg… so many amazing biscuits…
Her recipe for Greek Yogurt Cheddar biscuits needs to go onto your must-make list because they are ah-MAY-Zing—! I made them and served our spicy beef brisket on them and wow… a marriage made in heaven!
Heather has her husband and two boys do all of her taste testing. I know we’d get along if we were neighbors because she loves animals …. she has 6 dogs, 2 cats and believes in adoption and rescues as much as I do!
She’s been cooking since she was little when her mom told her if you can read you can cook! That totally sounds like something my mom would have said!
Her recipes are approachable, no fuss and things you crave… did I mention she has so many biscuit recipes???
In the end, it was crazy unseasonably hot here when I went to photograph one of the sweet recipes I had tried. I changed course and instead went with an appetizer— but not just a mild boring appetizer— Heathers Buffalo Cheese Ball–
Holy Moly– talk about one of my favorite flavors— hot wing sauce— but she made it into a cheese dip! Spicy, tangy and creamy woo boy…. it’s lip-smacking delicious!
Buffalo Cheese Dip Ingredients
You’re going to love this…. the dip has only FOUR ingredients? Things you almost certainly have if you love chicken wings…
- Cream Cheese
- Wing Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese
Simple Tips for a Cheese Ball
- Soften the cream cheese on the counter so it’s easy to mix. I usually pull it out about 30 minutes before I’m ready to make it.
- Grate your own cheese. Pre-shredded cheese has a coating to help it not stick together and I find it changes the texture of the dip.
- I use a wooden spoon to mix it, but if you want to use a mixer, that works too.
- Chop the nuts finely, and place them on a plate. You’ll form the cheese mixture into a ball (or whatever shape you want, a log, a disc all work.)
- Then roll the cheese over the nuts until all sides are coated.
We have LOTs of easy delicious appetizers — You can find them all right here!
Take a look at all of our 2020 Freaky Friday Summer Edition Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Blueberry Banana Bundt Cake
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – The Best Ever Chicken Gyros
- Bowl Me Over – Alabama White BBQ Sauce
- Hostess at Heart – Old Fashioned Lemon Icebox Pie
- House of Nash Eats – Smoked Spatchcock Chicken
- Lemoine Family Kitchen – Lemon Cream Cheese Blueberry Kolaches
- Lemon Blossoms – Lemon Poke Cake
- Life, Love & Good Food – Healthy Greek Coleslaw
- Or Whatever You Do – French Onion Rissoto
- Sugar Dish Me – Coconut Macadamia Nut Ice Cream
- Take Two Tapas – Cherry Cupcakes with Mint
- The Speckled Palate – Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- West Via Midwest – Buffalo Cheese Dip: Easy Party Dip
I’d love it if you enjoy this recipe if you’d comment and rate the recipe 5 stars in the recipe card. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hashtag any recipes you make from West Via Midwest #westviamidwestrecipes or tag me @michele_westviamidwest on Instagram to be featured on our stories!
FREE TIPS FOR ENTERTAINING WITH EASE AND FUN DELICIOUS RECIPES WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST BELOW THE RECIPE!
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened on the counter for easy mixing.
- 2 ounces Cheddar Cheese, shredded. (See notes) (about 1 cup shredded)
- 1/4 Cup Wing Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion or minced parsley for garnish
- Remove the cream cheese from the fridge 30 minutes before you want to make this for the easiest stirring.
- Shred the cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl using a wooden spoon stir together the cream cheese, buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese until well blended.
- Onto a plate, place the chopped pecans.
- Remove the cheese/buffalo mixture and form it into a ball. Place the ball on top of the nuts and roll to coat all sides.
- If making ahead, wrap in plastic and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve alongside crackers, pretzels, celery, carrots or potato chips.
1. Buy the cheese in a block and shred/grate it yourself. Preshredded cheese has a coating on it to make it not stick together and it won't blend properly with the cream cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. Please calculate your own nutritional information if you want it exact to what you make and use my calculations as a guide only.