A Jack-o-lantern Pumpkin shaped cheese ball and mozzarella eyeballs will be the star of your Halloween themed cheeseboard. These festive Halloween food ideas can be made in no time at all without any special things to buy!
A 3 ingredient Pumpkin Cheeseball is the centerpiece for an easy Halloween cheeseboard. This simple appetizer also has gummy eyeballs, pumpkin spice caramel to dip apples in, your favorite salami and some sweet praline pecans. This Halloween tray has everything you need for everyone’s snack favorites!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek not only has tons of Halloween party ideas for you but it also has an amazing giveaway too! Be sure to check out all the great prizes below!
This week’s recipes were all created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. Many sponsors sent products to use in these recipes to make them. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
You know how much I like easy Halloween Food Ideas that are super easy to do and still look like I did a lot of work on them. (Check out this Spooky 7 Layer Dip that also has easy tips for entertaining!)
Halloween Treats Week’s Jackolantern Cheeseball is a very easy appetizer that pairs nicely with all the sweets you have for your party. While I would love all the candy I like having some savory things and some sweet things to snack on.
You can’t beat any party appetizer that has only 3 ingredients. For real. This pumpkin cheese ball has cream cheese, cheddar cheese and garlic salt.
I did add a celery stalk for a stem but if you wanted to you could make that out of a small piece of cream cheese.
How to Make Halloween Cheeseball
- Let the cream cheese soften for about 30 minutes before you are ready to mix it and it’s much easier to get everything mixed well.
- In a pinch (or to save time) I’ve purchased pre-shredded cheese. Buy the largest shred you can find so it isn’t too dried out.
- Use any cheese you like- we love cheddar but I tried to buy the most orange color I could find to get it to look more like an orange jack-o-lantern.
- I used a Wilton disposable counter liner that was super helpful with cleanup. It even has a piece of tape that sticks to your counter to help it from slipping.
Be sure to check out all of the Halloween Treats Week recipes below. Enter the Giveaway in the Rafflecopter to win just after all the yummy recipes!
What other things can make up a Halloween Cheese Tray
- Caramel Dips – I used Caramel Apple dip from Lighthouse
- Gummy Eyeballs
- Various Salami Selections
- Mozzarella Eyeballs
- Pecan Pralines (recipe coming soon!)
- Mini Candy Bars
Use both sweet and savory interjecting festive items like the gummy eyeballs from Treat Street. Mixing both satisfies everyone’s cravings!
With all the fun treats available at Halloween the sky is the limit on your creativity!
Mozzarella Eyeballs: Festive Halloween Food Ideas
Mozzarella eyeballs are so easy to make! Buy the mini mozzarella balls and skewer them with a long pick. Cut olives into thin slices to look like the center of the eye. Sprinkle them throughout your cheese board!
I was thrilled to use products in this post specifically from the following sponsors: Wilton, Treat Street USA and Lighthouse Foods. The gummy eyeballs are from Treat Street and the caramel apple dip is from Lighthouse foods! The counter liners as mentioned above were from Wilton.
The eyeballs are adorable and look for them in a Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail coming later this week. I cannot say enough how delicious the Pumpkin Spice Caramel dip was with the apples…. not one drop of it left!
More Easy Halloween Party Food Ideas
- Spooky 7 Layer Dip
- Creepy Eyeball Meatballs
- Ghost Dip
- Mummy Cheese Bread
- Chocolate Dipped Halloween Cones
- Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail
- Scary Eyeball Popcorn Balls
- Pet Ghost Pudding Cups from Big Bear’s Wife
- Hocus Pocus Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Monster Strawberry Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Small Batch Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- Bloody Red Eyed Velvet Cupcakes from Our Good Life
- Zombie Dirt Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Caramel Apple Blondies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Halloween Hash Snack Mix from Sweet Beginnings
- Haunted Halloween Dessert Tray from For the Love of Food
- Oozing Caramel Truffle from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ghostly Freakyshake from Lemon Blossoms
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball ~ Festive Halloween Cheeseboard from West Via Midwest
- Candy Corn White Russian from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Monster Pumpkin Spice Caramel Cream Cheese Dip from Katie’s Cucina
- Spiced Chocolate Monster Truffles from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Bat Sugar Cookies from Intelligent Domestications
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize #6Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
- 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, softened for 30 minutes on counter
- 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 stalk Celery
- Shred cheese.
- In a small bowl sprinkle garlic salt over softened cream cheese, then add 2/3 of the shredded cheese on top.
- Using a wooden spoon stir to mix all together until well combined.
- Shape cream cheese into a ball and flatten slightly to look like a pumpkin shape. Using your fingers make a small groove about 1" apart all the way around.
- Place the remaining shredded cheese on a plate.
- Gently roll the now pumpkin shaped cheeseball to coat all sides.
- Cut a 2-inch long stem out of the celery.
- Place at the top of the cheese ball
- Can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Can be made up to 5 days ahead of time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 318mg Carbohydrates: 2g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g
This site uses affiliate links, such as Amazon which pays this site a small commission if you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full info here.