This Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail is a sweet and sour refreshing drink for any Halloween Party! Made with bright blue curacao, rum and pineapple juice it’s a fun choice for a signature cocktail! It can easily be made in big batches for serving a crowd!
Signature cocktails are all the rage! Today’s libation, the Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail, is ideal for making as the lone drink to have ready for your guests. You can easily make it ahead of time to pour when your company starts arriving.
#HalloweenTreatsWeek not only has tons of Halloween party ideas for you to have the best party on the block but it also has an amazing giveaway too! Be sure to check out all the great prizes below!
This week’s recipes were all created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. Many generous sponsors sent products to use to make festive Halloween treats! As always, all opinions are 100% my own. This recipe is or adults 21+ and does contain alcohol.
Continuing my tradition of easy-peasy entertaining tips for Halloween I have a 3-ingredient cocktail that can be made in mass!
Today’s cocktail came about from loving the signature cocktail I served a few years ago called the Purple People Eater (well, it was really a purple tears cocktail, but the name sounded better for Halloween as a purple people eater so I changed it for the party!)
What’s in Ghoul’s Blood?
- Blue Curacao is the liquid that makes this the bright almost glow in the dark blue color! Don’t let the color give you pause…. blue curacao is a non-alcoholic sugar syrup that is a blue color.
- White Rum is the alcohol in the cocktail.
- Pineapple juice is the tart part of the cocktail. I used canned pineapple juice but have purchased fresh in the past and everyone LOVED it!
Be sure to check out all of the Halloween Treats Week recipes below. Enter the Giveaway in the Rafflecopter to win just after all the yummy recipes!
Easy ways to Make Halloween Cocktails Festive
When hosting a Halloween party you can do a few simple tricks to make them have a spooky or ghoulish flare. The bright blue sugar syrup does the trick but you can also add fun garnishes.
Gummy eyeballs and gummy ghosts are perfect in place of a traditional martini olive. Just slide them on the end of the martini pic and add one to the martini glass right before serving the drink!
Another way to make them fun and different is to rim the glasses with Halloween colored sprinkles. Cut a slice of lemon or lime then rub the juice along the rim of the glass. Finally, put the sprinkles on a plate then run the rim through the sprinkles.
Non-Alcoholic Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail
If you want to serve a nonalcoholic version — you can add blue curacao to lemonade. It’s still vibrant in color and very festive for the occasion.
I usually make sure to serve the alcoholic version one way in and the virgin cocktail a different way. Using different glasses makes the designation clear to everyone.
In the photos above the highball glass with the ghost gummy is alcohol-free and the martini glass with the gummy eyeball is the regular version.
More Halloween Party Food Ideas
- Spooky 7 Layer dip
- Halloween Dipped Cones with Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Jack-O-Lantern Cheese Board
- Creepy Eyeball Meatballs
- Scary Eyeball Popcorn Balls
- Spiderweb Dip
- Mummy Cheese Bread
- Purple People Eater Cocktail
- Hard Apple Bourbon Cocktail
The products used were colored sprinkles from Sweet Treats Shoppe, ghost gummies from Wilton and the gummy eyeballs from Treat Street USA.Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- BloodShot Eyeball Chocolate Apple Slices from Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from Fake Ginger
- Day of the Dead Mexican Hot Cocoa from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Graveyard Dirt Cake from Frugal & Fit
- Sugar Skull S’mores Cheesecake from Cookaholic Wife
- Jack Skellington Peanut Butter Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hocus Pocus Potion from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Puppy Chow from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Spooky Finger Cupcakes from Everyday Eileen
- Ghostly Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Chocolate Crack from Back To My Southern Roots
- Frosted Halloween Sheet Pan Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Slime Lava Cakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Cake Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dia de los Muertos Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Pretzel Owls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Monster Mash Halloween Edible Cookie Dough from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Haunted Gingerbread House from The Redhead Baker
- Black Cat Brownies from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Frankenberry Berry Hand Pies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Haunted House Cupcake Tower from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast from Katie’s Cucina
- Ghostly Pumpkin Custards from My Sweet Zepol
- Cinnamon & Sugar Pretzel Bones from Savory Moments
- Bloody Good Vegan Cherry Chip Bundt Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Candy Kabobs from Intelligent Domestications
- Halloween Hand Pies from A Blender Mom
- Halloween Dessert Board from Books n’ Cooks
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize #6Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
- 8 ounces White Rum
- 8 ounces Blue Curacao
- 10 Ounces Pineapple Juice
- Crushed Ice
- Ghost Gummies
- Gummy Eyeballs
- Mix rum, blue curacao and pineapple juice in a 32-ounce pitcher.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour 1-2 servings in. Shake well.
- Strain out ice and pour into a martini glass.
- Serve with gummy eyeballs or gummy ghosts on a martini pick.
- Alternatively, fill a highball glass with ice and pour cocktail over the top. Serve with festive martini pic gummies or attach to the rim of each glass for serving.
- This recipe is adapted from the book Halloween Fun & Food, by Sara Lewis.
- NON ALCOHOLIC OPTION: Add 8 ounces of blue curacao to 18 ounces of lemonade. -- serve as directed in recipe in martini glass or over ice with festive gummy martini pics.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 4mg Carbohydrates: 10g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g