Air Fryer Pork Chops are an easy air fryer recipe with no oil that are juicy and flavorful with a crispy Panko crust. Simple weeknight dinner made with bone-in or boneless chops. (oven option)
I’m loving my Air Fryer because I can make classic recipes in a healthy way that don’t take a lot of time. This Crispy Coated Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe falls right in line with classics like the air fryer crispy wings and the air fryer lamb chops that I’ve shared with you before.
These air fryer bone-in pork chops are coated in a crispy panko for a crunchy sweet outside but are juicy, moist and perfectly cooked on the inside. I use a small amount of salad dressing to help the panko coating stay on but they are so much healthier than if you would fry them in oil.
An air fryer is a game-changer when it comes to cooking. You can make many healthy recipes of your favorite classics, usually in less time than frying or baking but the best part is the easy clean-up and lack of greasy smell and residual heat that is left behind when you are done!
Pin this to you Best Air Fryer Recipes Board so you have it when you are looking for dinner inspiration!
What is an air fryer?
I know it seems weird, but an air fryer isn’t a fryer at all. It’s actually a convection oven where hot bursts of air are continually circulated to cook your food.
Most recipes in an air fryer use no oil at all. At most in all of the recipes that I’ve been testing I’ve only used a mist of oil to coat the rack in the air fryer to prevent sticking.
There are many great air fryers on the market but I use this Phillips Air Fryer. They sell them in many stores and on Amazon. Costco has other brands such as Gormia that also work well.
What are the advantages of using an air fryer?
- No Hot Kitchen
- Easy Clean-up
- Healthier Choices
While you do cook your food up to temperatures up to 400° the amount of heat released into your kitchen is minimal. Less so than using your stovetop to heat up a skillet of oil and very much less than turning your oven up to 400°
Food almost always cooks in less time than traditional methods. For example, I make a similar one pan crispy baked chicken recipe in the oven and it takes about 30 minutes in the oven. This recipe at most takes 20 minutes.
The clean-up using an air fryer is a breeze. When making easy air fryer recipes the clean-up can be done in no time. I use the Phillips Air Fryer and I wipe out any excess crumbs then toss it into the dishwasher. No oil to dispose of at all! (and it’s healthier too!)
Food tends to be healthier because you use less oil in cooking. Coming soon I will be sharing a fried chicken recipe that is just as crunchy as my grandma’s homemade southern fried chicken, but it’s a lot healthier than using all of the oil to fry it in. (Don’t get me wrong… I will always make an authentic fried chicken recipe like my Grandma’s but its nice to have it a little more often because it’s so much healthier!
How to make the air fryer pork chops
Purchase your pork chops all about the same size and thickness for even cooking.
Preheat the air fryer to 390°while you are doing the coating so it’s hot and ready when you are.
Set up a dipping station with the dressing in one bowl, the panko topping next and have the basket right close so when you are doing the dipping/coating you can place them in the container right away.
Use an oil spray to coat the air fryer rack to prevent the pork chops from sticking to the air fryer.
When using a dressing it does not take much to act as a binder to the pork chops. A thin light brushing is enough so that the rotating air in the air fryer won’t blow the panko coating off.
Bone-in or Boneless Pork chops?
Both bone-in and boneless pork chops come out beautiful and delicious in an air fryer. The only difference is the time you will cook them. A bone-in pork chop takes a little bit longer to cook. Not much, just a couple of minutes.
How long to cook pork chops in an air fryer?
Bone-in pork chops about an inch thick need about 17-18 minutes in the air fryer at 390° to be done.
If you are using boneless pork chops cook them a little bit less, 12-14 minutes at 390°
What temperature do you cook pork for safe eating?
The USDA has revised the recommended internal temperature minimum guideline to 145°. I use a thermometer to make sure they are cooked to that but I’ve also been known to just use a knife and cut into one to make sure it is done. I make sure it is opaque (white) and that the juices run clear.
Oven Cooking option for Air Fryer Pork Chops
Don’t own an air fryer yet? No worries you can make this air fryer pork chops recipe in the oven very easily. Heat an oven to 375°. Follow the coating instructions and place the pork chops on a baking sheet once coated. Bake at 375° for 25-35 minutes until the pork chop is 145° or when you cut into it the juices run clear and the pork is opaque.
For More Pork Recipes you can find them all here!
More Weeknight Dinner Options Recipes you might enjoy!
- Healthier Chicken Picatta
- French Onion Chicken
- Apple Stuffed Baked Pork Chops are not only easy to do but are a family favorite!
- Panko Parmesan Pork Chops ~ (pan-fried option too)
- Oven Baked Salmon ( with a delicious low cal sauce!)
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Lamb Chops
- How to make pork tenderloin in the air fryer (with a delicious mustard glaze that is great for entertaining! )
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Bacon (only 2 ingredients!)
- Air Fried Pork Schnitzel
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Extra Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- No-fail Air Fryer Donuts!
- Greek Lamb Burgers w Tzatziki sauce
I’d love it if you made this recipe and enjoy it if you’d let me know by coming back rating it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
If you tag your photos with the hashtag #westviamidest or tag me @michele_westviamidwest and I’ll showcase your photo on our IG Stories!
I love hearing from you and be sure and drop me a line if there are recipes you would like to see made in the air fryer!
- 4 bone in pork chops , (about 8 ounces with bone
- 2/3 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons French dressing, or dressing of your choice
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper to taste into panko.
- 3 sprays of olive oil
- Rinse and pat dry the pork chops
- Turn on the air fryer to 390°
- Create a dipping station. In one bowl mix panko, parmesan and basil and blend well. Add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste. Place dressing in a second bowl.
- Brush all sides of the pork chop with the salad dressing. Then dredge all sides of the pork into the panko mixture. Finish all pork chops and coat all surfaces.
- spray the basket from the air fryer with olive oil spray then place into the air fryer basket.
- My air fryer will hold 3-4 pork chops. Place them into the basket and cook for 16-18 minutes opening at 10 minutes and turning over once. All air fryers are slightly different check temperature to make sure it is 145° or cut into them and check to make sure the pork is opaque. (See notes for boneless pork chops for time)
- Cook in batches if you have more than will fit into your air fryer. Place cooked ones onto a plate and cover to keep warm until the rest are completed.
- Serve immediately.
If using a boneless pork chop the cooking time will be about 12-14 minutes. Still check using the thermometer making sure it cooks to 145° minimum.
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 312mgCarbohydrates: 9gSugar: 2gProtein: 39g