Heart Shaped Airfryer Donuts come together in less than 10 minutes and are perfect for Valentine’s Day themed food! Made with store-bought biscuit dough make this Valentine’s Day food a definite must make!
These heart-shaped air fryer donuts are so easy to make it is a must make for Valentine’s Day Treats! Whether you make these sweet sugar-coated donuts in the Airfryer for breakfast of for a sweet treat after dinner anyone who has one will smile!
I’m big on making things homemade, and almost always homemade is better! But who has time on a holiday morning to whip out the mixer and make homemade donuts. These Valentine’s day treats are made with store-bought biscuit dough and couldn’t be any easier!
Making AirFryer Donuts
As I mentioned in my other Airfryer posts I have the Phillips Air Fryer and highly recommend it for everyday use. It’s easy to clean, fits nicely on my counter and has a decent size basket for any cooking you might need. (Not sponsored- I tried a few air fryers and this one was the right price for what I wanted it to do!)
Most donuts you buy are fried and even though this recipe calls for an Airfryer they are really not “fried” in the technical sense. An Airfryer is really a convection oven that uses the high-temperature circulation air to cook the food.
Easy to Make AirFryer donuts
Buy store-bought biscuit dough. I bought these biscuits from Pillsbury at my local grocery store but any store-bought brand should work fine. We like the flaky layers as they seem lighter, but the regular biscuits would work too!
The biscuits really expand so when you are removing the biscuit dough from the packaging you will split in in half.
I’ve used mini heart shaped cookie cutters to cut out hearts for valentines day but you can use any shapes you like. (My set came with stars, X’s, circles and other fun shapes. You can also make them with larger cutouts but the timing will be slightly longer in the Airfryer.
Using Ziplock bags to toss the donuts in after they are “airfried” keeps clean-up really quick. The bags also make it so that the donuts can be flipped all around so that every crevice gets the sugar coating!
More Tips for this Airfryer donuts recipe!
I don’t have an air fryer can I still use this airfryer donut recipe? If you don’t own an airfryer, you can certainly follow the steps up until placing them in an airfryer. Prepare a fry daddy or get a pan with canola oil hot and deep fry them for about 7 minutes, flipping at halfway. Toss in sugar just before serving.
Can I bake these donuts in the oven? This recipe can be baked, but the texture of the donuts will be more like a biscuit, not a donut.
More coating ideas for the airfryer donuts, please? You can also coat the donuts with a sugar glaze made with 1 tablespoon milk added to 1 cup of powdered sugar. Dye it red with food coloring if you want to be more festive! Or make a chocolate glaze by melting chocolate chips in the microwave for 3-second increments until melted. Dip the donuts in the sugar glaze or chocolate right before serving!
Other sweet treats you can make for Valentines Day gifts:
- Old Fashioned Peanut Clusters ~ top them with candy red hearts ❤️
- Million Calorie Bars allow the bars to chill then using a heart cookie cutter cut them.
- Cherry Hand Pies
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies Add 3 drops of red food coloring to make them red!
- Better Than Sex Chex Mix (uses red candies too!)
- Flourless Chocolate Cake (make little hearts on the top instead of the big swirl!)
STAY CONNECTED ON SOCIAL SO YOU DON’T MISS OUT ON THE LATEST RECIPES TO MAKE ENTERTAINING BOTH STRESS FREE AND DELICIOUS!
FREE TIPS FOR ENTERTAINING WITH EASE AND FUN DELICIOUS RECIPES WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST BELOW THE RECIPE !
- 1 package store-bought flaky biscuit dough
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Heat up your Airfryer while you prepare the donuts.
- Remove the store-bought biscuit dough from the container. There are usually 8 biscuits in a can. Peel each biscuit in half so that you have 16 biscuits.
- Using a mini cookie cutter of any shape, cut the biscuits to the shape you want.
- Place the cut outs onto the basket shelf from the Airfryer. Bake at 340° for 5 minutes, checking at 3 minutes. The length of time depends on how big of a cut out you have.
- While the donuts are baking, place powdered sugar in one zip lock bag and the cinnamon and sugar in the other. Once you remove the donuts from the Airfryer, immediately toss them in the coating of your choice. (We usually do more of the powdered sugar because we like those better!)
- Serve immediately!
Serving Size:8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Saturated Fat: 1gSodium: 544mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
This site uses affiliate links, such as Amazon which pays this site a small commission if you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full info here.