This Rosemary Mustard Sauteed Chicken dinner is a full meal made in one pan: it makes a great choice for weeknight entertaining. Just a few ingredients for a delicious, yet elegant dinner you can make in less than 30 minutes for company that is guaranteed to give you rave reviews!
Today’s recipe is an elegant healthy comfort food dinner that’s ideal for entertaining. Rosemary Mustard Chicken Skillet Dinner is made with skinless chicken breasts and green beans in a velvety mustard sauce.
This recipe is super versatile! The chicken skillet recipe could be made with chicken thighs, bone-in breasts or chicken drumsticks too! It’s elegant enough to entertain with but no fuss enough you can enjoy it for weeknight dinners even after a busy day.
5 Ingredient Fresh & Easy Cookbook
I’m excited to share with you a recipe from a new cookbook a friend of mine has written. Sheila Thigpin from Love, Life and Good Food has a new cookbook that is all about 5 main ingredient dinners that are fresh and easy.
Sheila shares simple meals that are ideal for entertaining; they come together quickly but are made with real food that is fresh and not processed.
I especially enjoyed the Korean tacos, the Warm Apple Baked Brie and the Blackberry Cobbler. All of them came together so quickly and pretty effortlessly.
There are over 90 recipes that are for busy people like you and me to make! You can make these delicious recipes that your friends and family will LOVE!!
Healthy Comfort Dinner
The best thing about the recipe I chose to make is it is similar to recipes such as the super popular easy healthy chicken piccata that I already know readers love — It’s been shared over 40,000 times.
They are both comfort food meals that are healthy too! This recipe is low carb and the entire meal with chicken, mustard sauce and green beans is less than 400 calories! (Yes, I’m screaming winner, winner chicken dinner right now!!)
How to make Rosemary Chicken Chicken Skillet Dinner
- You’ll want to season the flour with fresh rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Seasoning the flour well helps bring out the flavor of the chicken.
- Start with skinless chicken breasts. You can save time by buying already cut into thin pieces or you can slice and pound them thin yourself.
- You want thin, boneless chicken so it can cook quickly. This recipe will work with whole breasts, but the cooking time will be longer.
- Everything cooks in one pan- I like a good heavy-bottomed skillet so it cooks evenly.
- After dredging in flour, you’ll heat some olive oil to brown both sides of the chicken.
- Once the chicken is browned you’ll remove it from the pan and then build a sauce and saute the green beans.
- Using wine to deglaze the pan will give your sauce a rich fantastic sauce. Be sure a scrape up all of the browned bits, it’s what gives the sauce the flavor.
- Adding the green beans, mustard and garlic layers on even more flavor. The chicken will cook quickly once you add it back in over the green beans and sauce— be sure to cover with a lid to have the steam keep it extra hot!
Common Questions For entertaining with Healthy Comfort Food Dinners
How do I know if the chicken is done? Cook the chicken to a temperature of 165° for safe eating. I use this thermometer but if you don’t have one, you can cut into the chicken and if the juices run clear it is done.
Can I use bone-in breasts for this recipe? You sure can use different pieces of chicken when making this recipe. The only difference will be the cooking time. Bone-in chicken takes longer to cook. This recipe will also work with chicken thighs and drumsticks. Just be sure to cook the chicken to 165°
Can this recipe be made without wine? You can substitute chicken broth in place of the wine if you wish no problem!
Are there any other vegetables that would work in place of green beans? Sugar snap peas, peas or snow peas would all work and would cook in a similar amount of time. You could also use spinach, but if you substitute spinach you’ll add it with just a few minutes to go as it cooks super quickly!
Be sure and check out our other Main Course Recipes for easy entertaining!
More Comfort Food Recipes you might enjoy:
- Scalloped Potatoes with Cream
- Smoked Gouda Mac n Cheese
- Turkey Tetrazzini with Cream Cheese
- Best Cream Corn Recipe
Our Most Popular Recipes:
- Asian Meatball Recipe
- Crab Dip with Cream Cheese ~ hot melty dip everyone will LOVE!!
- Boneless Spare Ribs easy party food !!
- Fall off the Bone Ribs
- French Onion Baked Chicken
- Beef Ribs THE EASIEST RIBS EVER!!! (and lip-smacking good!!)
STAY CONNECTED ON SOCIAL SO YOU DON’T MISS OUT ON THE LATEST RECIPES TO MAKE ENTERTAINING BOTH STRESS FREE AND DELICIOUS!
I’d love it if you enjoy this recipe if you’d comment and rate the recipe 5 stars in the recipe card. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- ⅓ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 ½ Teaspoons Fresh rosemary, Minced
- 16 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Cups Dry White Wine, divided (I used prosecco)
- 12 ounces Green Beans, trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- In a shallow dish, mix the flour with 1 ½ teaspoons of the rosemary.
- Season the chicken cutlets with the salt and black pepper, then dredge in the flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the garlic, ½ cup of the white wine (prosecco) to the pan, stirring to deglaze the pan.
- Add the green beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Whisk the dijon mustard into the remaining wine, then pour the mixture over the chicken and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of minced rosemary.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue cooking for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is done and the juices run clear when cut into. and the green beans are crisp and tender.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve.
- Skinless chicken breasts cut thin (no more than ½" thick) are what makes it possible to cook the chicken so quickly.
- Alternatively, if you use a different piece of chicken, like a breast with bone, a thigh, a drumstick, you can adjust the time to cook longer. Use a thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked to 165°
- Don't want to use wine? Substitute chicken broth instead.
- I like crisp, not sweet wine for this dish. I suggest a pinot gris, a prosecco or sauvignon blanc.
This recipe is adapted from an "Excerpt from The 5-Ingredient Fresh and Easy Cookbook, by Sheila Thigpen, published by Rockridge Press. Copyright © 2019 by Callisto Media, Inc. All rights reserved.”
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 30g
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. Please calculate your own nutritional information if you want it exact to what you make and use my calculations as a guide only.