In a panic? Don’t have anything for a last-minute gift? Sure boxed chocolates and flowers are great but these peanut cluster candy treats can be made in no time at all and everyone will be impressed with how thoughtful you are. Oh, did I mention they are easy, taste amazing and you can customize them?
These Peanut Candy Clusters are an old fashioned treat are perfect for Valentines Candy, Christmas plates or even a hostess gift if you’re going to someone’s home for dinner.
Actually a friend of mine sent some nut cluster candies to me in a holiday cookie exchange. I hadn’t had homemade ones in years and when they showed up my husband and I were fighting over every last bite of them.
My Grandma Oma was the QUEEN of Christmas cookies, candies and sweet treats. Valentine’s day had heart-shaped cookies and candies with red sprinkles. She always made cashew clusters, peanut clusters and almond Clusters to have around the house.
After devouring the ones we received I went digging for Grandma’s recipe so I could make them for a hostess gift for someone having us over for dinner.
For goodness sakes I had eaten thousands of them)I couldn’t believe I’d never made them and how darned simple they were to make.
The funny thing about my grandma’s recipe~~ it was pretty darned similar to the one my friend Michaela had sent to us as gifts. A different amount of chocolate and my grandma’s recipe was originally for cashews—- but no wonder we loved them so much— nothing like an old fashioned candy cluster!
They were so popular that I can’t believe how many people asked if I would make them again or give them the recipe so they could make them.
Peanut clusters gift bags as a Valentine Gifts are something you can make in no time at all. They are inexpensive (alternative to expensive Chocolates!) and are delicious—- isn’t that what a GREAT Valentine Treat should be?
Simple steps for Homemade Valentines Day Candy!
There are only a few steps to make them and for the most part, are just 3 ingredients. How awesome is that?
Break up the chocolate, melt the chocolate, stir in the nuts, spoon to bite-sized pieces and let set on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet …. oh wait?! I almost forgot— the best part! Eat them!
Helpful hints for the best Old Fashioned Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Buy good Chocolate- good quality almond bark and chocolate makes all the difference in the world when making candy.
- Chocolate Chips, chocolate chunks, chocolate squares of Godiva or your favorite brand work well.
- Hershey’s Kisses will work, but personally I think other chocolates taste better. ~~~ and the time to unwrap them is a deal-breaker for me!
- Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate both work equally well with this recipe. Actually, semi-sweet chocolate chips work well too!
- You can make white chocolate clusters too with vanilla almond bark and white chocolate.
- Using the microwave in short increments will give the best texture when fully melting the chocolate. Start by adding chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl for 60 seconds, stir, reheat for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until it’s co melted.
- Buy salted peanuts. It acts as a counter-balance to the sweetness of the chocolate.
- I suggest peanuts, but cashews, almonds and pecans would work really well too.
- I use this Wilton Candy utensil kit to lift the candies out. The kit is super inexpensive, but it saves me from getting chocolate all over my counter— I use the drizzling scoop for this recipe so I keep chocolate and nuts contained and nice and pretty.
- If you want to make them festive and personalized you can use sprinkles, candied hearts, colored sugars in any color that fits the occasion- add them right before setting them into the fridge to set.
- Once they are set, you can store them in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- Make a double batch because I promise you they will go fast!
More Sweet Treats to check out!
- Valentine’s Day Air Fryer Donuts
- Cappuccino Crinkles
- Red Velvet Truffles
- Chocolate flourless Cake no fail ~use a red swirl on the top!
- Chewy Chocolate Cookies ~ use cherry chocolate chips!
- Valentines Day Treat 7 Layer Bars ~ use red heart sprinkles on them!
- Valentine’s Day Red Cookies (this is a St Patricks day Green cookie but will work with red colors too!)
- Mini Cherry Hand Pies
- Cherry Kuchen Bars
- Grasshopper Pie~. You could make this with any cherry or strawberry colored ice cream instead— or just leave it mint because it’s incredible!!
STAY CONNECTED ON SOCIAL SO YOU DON’T MISS OUT ON THE LATEST RECIPES TO MAKE ENTERTAINING BOTH STRESS FREE AND DELICIOUS!
I’d love it if you enjoy this recipe if you’d comment and rate the recipe 5 stars in the recipe card. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 8 ounces Chocolate Almond Bark
- 12 ounces Dark Chocolate Chips
- 16 ounces salted peanuts, no skins
- Line a small baking sheet that will fit into your fridge with wax paper.
- Break up the 8 squares of almond bark and place them in a microwave-safe bowl with the chocolate chips.
- Place the bowl in the microwave for 60 seconds on high, then stir. Return to the microwave for 30-second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add all of the peanuts in and stir.
- Using a teaspoon or the slotted candy spoon place onto the lined baking sheet. Repeat until finished. Sprinkle as you go if you want colored sprinkles on them.
- Chill for 30 minutes until set.
- Store in an airtight container with wax or parchment paper in between layers.
- These will also work with milk chocolate as a sub for dark chocolate chips.
- Use White almond bark if you want to use white chocolate.
- Feel free to sub any salted nut such as cashews, almonds or mixed nuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. Please calculate your own nutritional information if you want it exact to what you make and use my calculations as a guide only.