Mealthy CrispLid is game changing. The CrispLid has the ability to turn your Instant Pot /Pressure cooker to be able to crisp, broil and air fry food! It’s so simple and the ability to do it right in the pressure cooker is a game changer.
What the heck is a CrispLid and why you should consider one!
I was given a Mealthy CrispLid and their Multi-pot to test out their newest innovation. All opinions are my own after testing several recipes using them both.
You’ll note up until now I hadn’t jumped on the bandwagon for pressure cooker recipes.
Getting right down to it I didn’t see why I needed another appliance in my kitchen. I’d had food at other’s homes cooked in pressure cookers that was absolutely delicious. Yet, while I loved the food, so many times I’d see them take the food out, put it in the oven into a whole other set of dishes to brown or crisp.
I thought, who needs all of those extra dishes when I could make the same thing in the oven using one pan?
I have an air-fryer and love it.
I love how extra crispy I can get chicken wings with out frying them.
It’s amazing to me how I don’t have deep fry cherry hand pies to have them in 20 minutes.
And probably best of all I LOVE how I can have lamb chops without the grease smell of cooking them on my stove top.
Then Mealthy sent me a pressure cooker and a crisp lid. Suddenly I had to try out some pressure cooker recipes (coming soon!) and their crisp lid which can be used to brown, crisp, broil and airfry.
Talk about game changing!
Why you need a CrispLid?
The CrispLid gives you the ability to turn your 6 or 8 qt pressure cooker into an air fryer. You can have a Ninja Foodie, Instant Pot, a Crock Pot multi use cooker…. ANY BRAND at all as long as its 6-8 Qts and you can use the CrispLid to make things like airfryer chicken parmesan, air fried chicken or air fried Brussels sprouts.
You will be able to pressure cooker your Carne Asada then swap out the lid and be able to crisp up the edges of the meat — IN THE SAME POT– so its authentic! All without using another pan to put it into the oven.
How do you use a CrispLid?
It’s so simple to use your CrispLid on top of your 6 – 8 Qt pressure cooker. Yes that’s right, you can use it on your Instant Pot, MultiPot, the Presto pressure cooker! All you do is swap the lid off and place the CrispLid on top.
From that point you can air fry, broil, brown right inside the metal insert pot you already have with your Instant Pot. You’ll use the controls on top of the CrispLid to set the time to cook/air fry/ broil.
You can leave the food in the insert if you’ve already been cooking in it, or you can use the handy dandy basket insert they give you when you buy it to have it be closer to the lid which does all the work when using the CrispLid.
You can see an example of that here where I was using the CrispLid to airfry chicken wings.
What comes with the CrispLid?
When you get your CrispLid it it comes with all the things you need to use it.
- A trivet to place in the bottom to raise the food higher if you need it to
- An Airfrying/Broiling basket
- Small tongs (seriously, nice and short so they fit right inside the metal insert easily
- Silicone trivet – to place the hot lid on after using it to protect the countertop
- CrispLid Recipe Book ~ to get your creative juices starting on what to make with it!
What can you make using the CrispLid on your Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker?
I tested several recipes. I made ribs in the pressure cooker (recipe coming soon!) and then used the CrispLid to really caramelize the BBQ sauce on top. To say we loved them is an understatement. Making ribs in an hour, then having sticky, lick your fingers sauce all over them was so easy.
I made Korean chicken wings (pictured below) adapting the recipe in the Mealthy Cookbook that came with the CrispLid and they were amazing. The chicken was super juicy and tender and the edges were crispy and nice and browned.
Other things you might consider to try in your CrispLid:
- Rotisserie Chicken ~ You can get a nice crispy skin after making it in the pressure cooker
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan ~ no need to use the pressure cooker, just use the CrispLid
- Air Fried Chicken
- Air Fried Pork Chops
- Pressure Cooker Lasagna ~ make it in the IP then crisp the top to get nice and browned cheese topping!
- Crispy French Fries
- Heat up any store bought frozen appetizers so they get super crispy
- Crisp up leftover pizza!
Tips for Using your Mealthy CrispLid
- When using the CrispLid the IP Pressure Cooker will be unplugged. The CrispLid will be doing all the work and will be the only thing that is plugged in during use.
- You’ll always have the metal inner steel insert in the IP/multicooker when using the CrispLid.
- You can get food closer to the CrispLid attachment by using the metal trivet in the bottom of the inner pot or adding the metal basket on top of the steel pot.
- The lid gets REALLY HOT! Use caution and only use the handle to lift it. I still used my pot holder to prevent burning my hands.
- When you take the CrispLid off you can set it down, but only on top of the silicone trivet. The CrispLid is super hot so it will burn tops of counters or your hand if you don’t use protection of the potholder or silicone trivet.
- When using the recipes that you cooked in the instant pot or multi pot on a trivet, you’ll want to remove the liquid from the bottom before using the CrispLid.
- If the food was cooked on the bottom you don’t need to remove any liquid from the pot before using it.
- You can get things crisper or more browned by placing them closer to the Crisplid by using the trivet and or the basket.
How you clean the CrispLid
It can’t be any easier to clean the CrispLid. First you will let it completely cool on top of the silicone trivet.
Once you feel comfortable picking it up, you can use a clean damp cloth to wipe down the interior of the lid (the part that is closest to the food) to remove any splashes that occurred while cooking.
Final Review of the Mealthy CrispLid
I really loved using the CrispLid and would recommend it to anyone who doesn’t already own an airfryer.
I’d also recommend it to people trying to use less space if they have an airfryer which tends to use up a lot of space as a swap out of their kitchen.
The CrispLid is game changing for people who have an instant pot and still want to get things browned, crisped, broiled or air fried. It’s super simple to use and takes up a lot less room than an air fryer.
I love that using it doesn’t heat up my kitchen and really doesn’t leave a grease smell after using it.
The ease of clean up is a BIG bonus in my world! (Wipe and go? Can’t get any better than that!)
I love that I can give this as gifts to people and not have to worry about what kind of instant pot or pressure cooker people have for them to be able to use it.
The price (currently $49.95) is cheaper than an airfryer which makes it a great add-on for graduating students starting out on their own.
Where can you buy a CrispLid for your Instant Pot or Air Fryer?
You can find it right on the Mealthy Website here!
I’ll be publishing several recipes in the next several weeks using the crisp lid and the Multipot from Mealthy. If there is anything that you would like to see be sure and send me an email or comment below!
This site uses affiliate links, such as Amazon which pays this site a small commission if you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full info here.