Small, one-bite appetizers for a small get together. This recipe for Smokey Chili Potato Bites has chili topped with cheese served over a crisp baked potato wedge with a cool creamy Chobani yogurt dollop.
One of my most pinned recipes was Cranberry Pistachio Spread on top of Sweet Potatoes I don’t know if it’s because of the fact that it’s on baked sweet potatoes/russet potatoes or because it was so simple to make.
I knew I had to try other things along this line because I absolutely love recipes that are easy, quick and filling and obviously you do too!
HOW DO YOU LEAD A FULL SCHEDULED LIFE AND FIND TIME TO ENTERTAIN??
Smokey Chili Potato Bites are an appetizer that makes a 2-fer meal out of leftover chili. Sometimes you want to have people over for a get-together but life is just plain non-stop and you wonder how in the world you’ll have time to entertain?
Earlier in the week make my recipe (or your family favorite) chili recipe for dinner and save the leftovers to serve as a topping on these Smokey Chili Potato Bites.
I always double my chili recipe because it always amazes me that it goes so quickly. If you don’t have the time to make the chili recipe I’ve given you, try this recipe from Gluten Free Pressure Cooker for Instant Pot Chili. It will be ready to eat, and you won’t believe how flavorful it is.
All of the ingredients to make these are pretty much always stocked in my house (potatoes, cheese, yogurt) so I almost always have a container of frozen chili in my freezer for those occasions where someone stops by unexpectedly
This recipe is so perfect because you’ll have plenty of time for all of the things you need to still get done before your company arrives, get to that meeting, clean the house, run errands and still have an impressive spread ready for your guests.
All you need to do for these Smokey Chili Potato Bites the day of the party is slice and bake the potato slices then set up bowls of the toppings while they are baking. (I buy the cheese in blocks and shred it myself, but you can also buy it already shredded to eliminate even more work for yourself.)
Once they are out of the oven it takes less than 10 minutes to assemble, plate and serve them to your guests.
- Simple and fast to prepare, assemble and serve
- Healthier option because you bake the potato slices
- Very filling
- I make homemade chili, but if you have a brand of canned chili you LOVE, by all means, use that. Makes them even easier to make
- Buy Pre- shredded cheese for additional time savings
- Buy sweet potatoes, yams and gold potatoes for colorful presentations
- 1 medium russet potato
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chili
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, (or your favorite Cheese)
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt, (I prefer Chobani) (or sub Sour Cream)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash both potatoes thoroughly and cut into round slices about 1/4" thick. (I don't peel the potatoes because it keeps the bite more stable once bakes if you leave the skin on.
- Place into a bowl and toss with olive oil to coat evenly.
- Lay flat on top of a metal cookie sheet and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Place in oven, bake for 15 minutes, then flip and season the new topside with salt and pepper
- Continue to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- While potato slices are baking, reheat the chili to a hot temperature.
- Once potatoes are golden brown, remove from oven and place 1 tablespoon of chili, then 1 teaspoon of yogurt and lastly sprinkle cheddar cheese over the yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
All recipe calorie information was calculated on what I purchased to make this recipe in My Fitness Pal. When you make the recipe, the calorie content could vary depending on what specific ingredients/brands you actually use. Please take that into consideration if you are following a strict diet.
Serving Size:12 bites
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g