Smashed Lemon Garlic potatoes crusty crunchy on the outside, creamy inside bursting with fresh herb flavors. A show-stopping potato side dish for entertaining!
This Smashed Lemon Garlic potatoes recipe has been a staple for entertaining at our house for quite some time. It’s simple to do and out of the ordinary from your average side dish potatoes and people just LOVE them.
I have a couple of friends who simply swoon when there is mention of them .
There is a two-step process in making these smashed lemon garlic potatoes. You boil them to cook the potatoes, then drizzle them with oil and toss them in herbs and broil them on high to get a crunchy outside.
They are a simple side dish that doesn’t take a lot of hands-on time so they are perfect for meals for entertaining. You can concentrate on other things versus spending too much time in the kitchen!
These smashed lemon garlic potatoes can go with something easy like this Steak dinner with Bourbon butter (pictured here) or these grilled lamb chops. But they also work well with more fancy dishes like this 4 ingredient Prime Rib or this Cuban Mojo Pork
This recipe for Smashed Lemon Garlic potatoes is adapted from the recipe Potatoes “Da Delfina” in Michael Chiarello’s Casual Cooking Cookbook. You can find the cookbook through or your local bookseller.
- 1.5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, (or any "creamer" potatoes
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, course grind
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice, (optional)
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Add to stock pot, top with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until a knife slips out easily when testing.
- Drain away water and let cool slightly.
- Preheat Oven to 450°
- In a small bowl mix parsley, garlic and olive oil. Set aside
- Once the potatoes are cool, with your hands smash the potatoes and place on a baking sheet. Place the potatoes at least 1/2" apart from each other.
- Drizzle olive oil, lemon zest and herbs over potatoes. Then sprinkle salt and pepper generously over the top. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until edges are crunchy and golden. You can flip potatoes at about 10 minutes to get even browning.
- If you love lemon, squeeze a splash of lemon right before serving right after coming out of the oven!
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Saturated Fat: 1gSodium: 602mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gProtein: 5g
This site uses affiliate links, such as Amazon which pays this site a small commission if you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full info here.