Guacamole BLT Bacon Cups are a low carb appetizer or snack that can be made quickly. Crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes a dollop of Guacamole all in a bite sized crispy bacon cup!
We’re right smack in the middle of all of the holiday parties, I personally have eaten more delicious decadent food since Thanksgiving than I have all year long? Im so good about watching what I eat all year long, then the holidays come and BOOM…. no willpower. Todays recipe for Guacamole BLT Bacon Cups came about out of necessity.
I couldn’t eat even one more cookie, a piece of bread or a bite of candy. I needed something savory for a party, that wouldn’t take me a lot of time and was very low carb. I love avocados and would put guacamole on just about anything. But even though I live in California its sometimes hard to have a ripe avocado when I need one.
GOOD FOODS has the perfect product for me. All of their ingredients are natural, real foods. Nothing artificial. EVER. I found the Chunky Guacamole in my local Sprouts Market in the produce section by the cold salad dressings and fresh salsas. (you can find a location near to you here!)
The Guacamole tastes delicious. I mean how could it not? It has only 5 ingredients. Yes, you read that right only 5 ingredients. Avocado, Garlic, Salt, Tomatoes and Lime. Isn’t it interesting that the same ingredients that are in their Guacamole is exactly what I put in mine. But the plus here? No looking for ripe avocados, and its already made for me. All I have to do is decide what to put it with. (Although in full disclosure I have been known to eat this Chunky Guacamole right out of the container all by its lonesome!)
I can’t believe I haven’t made this before…. Guacamole BLT Bacon Cups are super easy to make and are a perfect bite sized treat to have at parties. (Check out some of my other Bacon cup recipes like Bacon Mac n Cheese Cups here or Mashed Potato Bacon Nests here!
Points of Interest on Guacamole BLT Bacon Cups:
Easy/Hard: Super easy, the bacon cups are the most difficult. If you take care when making the bottom shelf of the cup they will turn out great. (And be sure to use the thick slice bacon so they are more sturdy!)
Make Ahead: You can easily make the bacon cups up to a day ahead. Just place them in a sealed container and store them in the fridge until you want to serve them. When its time to make them, place them on a paper towel and microwave them for 1-2 minutes on high to crisp them up and make them hot!
PLUSSES: This is only 81 calories per bite. Very low carb. SO its a great appetizer to serve to balance out any heavy appetizers. Because the Guacamole is already made, you save a lot of time making your own guacamole! (Ive also been known to take these to work for lunch!)
- 12 Thick Cut Bacon Slices
- 6 oz Good Foods Tableside Chunky Guacamole
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Iceberg Lettuce shredded
- BACON NESTS:
- Each slice of bacon will yield one "nest.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Roll bacon to be ⅓ longer than it starts out as. The reason you buy thick cut bacon is because you are able to make it a longer piece, if you start with regular length bacon, the bacon becomes too thin and breaks in baking.
- Once rolled out, cut bacon into 2 pieces. Cut one piece that is ⅓ of the length, leaving a second piece that is ⅔ the length of the original piece.
- Starting on the bottom with the longer piece, place bacon over bottom, then wrap around the edges making a cup like shape.
- Fill in any gap at bottom with the second piece making the cup "sealed" (This is important so guacamole doesn't seep through.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until bacon is crisp.
- Remove from pan, and allow to cool on a paper towel or parchment paper.
- Into bacon cup place a small amount of shredded lettuce on the bottom.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon Good Foods Guacamole over lettuce
- Sprinkle tomatoes over the top.
- Serve Immediately!
All recipe calorie information was calculated on what I purchased to make this recipe in My Fitness Pal. When you make the recipe, the calorie content could vary depending on what specific ingredients/brands you actually use. Please take that into consideration if you are following a strict diet.