This easy pan sautéed Greek style Lamb Chop recipe comes together in no time. Marinated in Mediterranean herbs and spices and brushed with mustard each little chop is tender, juicy and flavorful.
We love lamb chops in our family, they cook up quickly, come in nice portion sizes and are super flavorful and juicy. When the weather is nice I grill them (see these No fail grilled lamb chops) but when the weather is on the cooler side I make them These Greek-style lamb chops which made on the stove-top.
How do you pick a good lamb chop?
Select lamb chops that have equal sides of meat on each side of the bone, like a mini T-bone steak. You want the loin side to be as large as you can find. You can see in this photo all sorts of different sizes of the loin side (left)
Lamb tends to be very tender, but you do want to have some marbling that you can also see in the photo below.
How do you prepare/cook Loin Lamb Chops?
Make sure to season all sides edges, not just the top and bottom. This gives you a great Mediterranean flavor in each and every bite.
Browning all of the edges, not just the top and bottom yields great results. You’ll want to get a deep brown crust on all sides, even on the top where it’s just the bone. This allows for even cooking and allows for the chop to be warmed throughout!
This Greek Style Loin Lamb Chop Recipe is very easy to make. You season and let them marinate for about 15 minutes then you can cook them in a sauce or grill pan in less than 15 minutes.
Each bite will be juicy on the inside and a seared crust on each edge. The mustard adds a slight tang and also holds all of the spices to the meat so every forkful is full of flavor!
Looking for other Lamb Recipes?
- Rack of Lamb
- Irish Lamb Stew Easy how to video here!
- Grilled Lemon Herb Lamb Chops
- Grilled Lamb with a blue cheese butter here.
- Balsamic Glaze Lamb Chops
If you are looking for easy recipes for entertaining be sure and sign up for the mailing list here where you see “Join the West Via Midwest Community”
pin this recipe to your Entertaining board so you have it when you are looking for things to serve!
- 8 Loin Lamb Chops (about 1.5" thick)
- 4 Tablespoons Grainy Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Greek Oregano, (regular oregano ok)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil, Divided 1+ 1
- salt and pepper
- Into a small bowl, mix mustard, oregano, thyme and 1 TBS olive oil. Blend well.
- Season all sides generously with salt and pepper. Then using a basting brush, spread on mustard mixture to all edges of the lamb chops.
- Let Lamb Chops sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or a skillet to high. Add last remaining Tablespoon Olive oil to pan and swirl to coat all sides.
- Place chops in on ends and cook for 2 mins. Then turn and place on narrow side (the chop side, not the top and bottom) and cook for 2 more minutes. Repeat with other narrow side for 2 mins. Then cook about 4 mins per side until lamb reaches medium rare (130°). (I cut into one chop to make sure its a doneness Im happy with if I dont have a thermometer handy.).
- Remove from skillet and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then serve immediately.
Serving Size:4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 45g
Be sure and check out other posts inspired by Countries Participating in the Winter Games: