BLT Salad Bites are a simple starter for any party. They can be made ahead and just drizzled with homemade Blue Cheese Dressing at the last minute!
BLT Salad bites are my answer for not having all fried food or heavy carb-laden appetizers for a party. A cold Crisp lettuce wedge with bacon, tomatoes and a drizzle of homemade blue cheese dressing can be put together in 15 minutes.
I serve them on a little skewer but you could use toothpicks just as easily. Heck, you could even buy a good blue cheese dressing if you didn’t want to make your own, but I guarantee when once you see how creamy, fresh and delicious the blue cheese dressing is that you can make in less than 15 minutes you probably won’t want to buy it at a store again. (I recommend Marie’s if you don’t want to make your own!)
The blue cheese dressing will last about 10 days in your fridge so you can use it on many things. I use it as a dipping sauce for Fried Chicken, as an alternative dressing on my Frise Salad or served on the side for Wings for a tailgating party!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- ¼ small onion, minced
- ⅓ cup mayo
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ⅓ cup blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 pcs bacon, cooked
- Cut Iceberg lettuce in half, then cut each ½ into 16 small wedges. You will end up with 32 pcs of lettuce.
- Cook 8 pieces of bacon. Cut each slice into 4 pieces, you will end up with 32 pcs.
- Skewer Tomatoe, bacon and lettuce with a wooden fork or toothpick. When ready to serve drizzle one tablespoon of dressing over the top of BLT Wedge. *Recipe info for Dressing below
Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a large bowl, mix together minced onion, mayo, sour cream and lemon juice. Once combined, add crumbled blue cheese and mix well. Finally add milk if you feel the dressing is too thick to your liking. Salt and pepper to taste.
- This dressing will keep for 10 days if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Serving Size:16 2 wedges each
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g