Creamy Gorgonzola Pasta with Steak is an easy last-minute meal that fits in your budget and yet still is a special dinner!
Today’s recipe is for Steak with Gorgonzola Pasta is a budget-friendly, yet special enough for company recipe. Made in about 30 minutes served directly from the same pan you cook it in!
I’d like to thank the Grocery Outlet for sponsoring today’s post. I only promote things I use in my everyday life and in the last 6 months since being introduced to them, I shop there quite often. They have great prices on everything from wine, meats, cheeses, dairy, vegetables…. Basically anything you can get at any grocery store but at much lower prices.
Their everyday prices are 20-50% lower than what you can buy at other retail stores so it’s a great place to shop when you want to entertain yet stay within a budget.
How can you save even more than their already low prices?
Their everyday prices are fantastic but if you shop now they are running 20% off sale on all of their wines in stock. It’s a great time to stock up for all of your Spring entertaining.
What’s even more budget-friendly is that if you sign up for their mailing list right now you can also get a $3 off coupon off your entire purchase of already low priced food and wine.
How does the Grocery Outlet get such low prices on their wines?
Don’t worry, the wines you find are the same quality and delicious wines you can buy at other stores.
When wines are sold to buyers they are sold long before bottling or even being picked from the vines. When the crops are harvested and produced there may be a lot more availability due to a hearty harvest.
When this happens the wine buyers go in and buy any overruns there may be and pass all of the savings on to you! In some cases, the labels on the wines are changed, but in a lot of cases, the wines have the same labels that you see elsewhere.
On each shelf they price their wine for what they are selling it for and what you will see it elsewhere.
It’s a great way to buy quality, great tasting wines at a great price. It makes entertaining much more budget-friendly!
You can find a store locator here to find a store near you!
Entertaining tips for Casual Entertaining within a budget?
Gorgonzola pasta with steak is a great way to entertain company and be able to serve something special. Your guests will not go away hungry because the pasta with the creamy sauce fills them up, but they still get a small portion of steak to go with their meal.
It’s easy to serve this meal buffet-style directly from the pan you made the sauce in which cuts down on doing dishes when its time for clean up.
Each person can easily customize their portions by having additional add-ins such as walnuts, arugula and gorgonzola crumbles.
Serve with a simple vinaigrette and salad, garlic bread and pair with a couple of bottles of wine and your all set!
What wines pair with Creamy Gorgonzola Pasta With Steak?
The beauty of this recipe is that it works well with both reds and white wines. A Cabernet or Pinot Noir pair well with the red meat and hearty cheese in the gorgonzola sauce. But a nice riesling works very well with the gorgonzola too!
It’s nice to be able to more than one choice so you can please those who have definite red and white wine preferences.
PIN THIS TO YOUR MAIN COURSE BOARD OR EASY DINNER RECIPES FOR ENTERTAINING BOARD so you can find it easily when you need it.
You can also follow me on Facebook here for more easy recipes for entertaining!
(Facebook not your thing….. that’s ok too! I have you covered with a mailing list that shares easy recipes for entertaining on this page where it says “join the west via midwest community!” )
- 12 ounces pasta
- 12 ounces steak, 1 1/4" thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 6 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 cup arugula (you can stir this in when adding the cheese sauce too if you wish)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- Cook Pasta according to directions on package you purchased. When finished, drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking heat a large skillet to medium high. Season both sides of steak (s) with salt and pepper.
- When Pan is hot, place steaks in pan and cook to your desired doneness. Remove from the pan and allow to rest while you make the gorgonzola sauce.
- Place skillet back on stove top and add butter and onion to the pan. Melt butter and continue to stir while the onion softens, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour to pan, stirring to combine and continue to to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add half and half in 1/3 cup increments whisking rapidly to fully incorporate flour. Repeat until all half and half is mixed in and flour has dissolved into the liquid. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until liquid has thickened and is no longer watery.
- Add gorgonzola and stir until all melted, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Once cheese sauce is done, place drained pasta back in the skillet and stir to mix evenly.
- Slice the steak across the grain at an angle to 1/4 inch slices. Lay steak atop cheese coated pasta in the pan.
- Serve with your choice of add ins. This dish works well served immediately or at room temperature.
Serving Size:6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 1366mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g