This recipe for Easy Shellfish Linguini is perfect to serve when you’re crazy busy but still want to impress those you’re cooking for! This can be served in less than 30 minutes!
I’m always looking for ways to have dinner on the table in no time and using the new Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauces available makes dishes like this Easy Shellfish Linguini possible in less than 30 minutes! (Ragu has many recipe suggestions using all of the flavors they offer.)
The recipe I’m sharing for today for Easy Shellfish Linguini is sponsored by Ragu, but the opinions expressed and memories of simpler times are all my own!
Where did the summer go? Actually, where did the year go? I can’t believe it’s August already before we know it the holidays will be here. I kind of miss the times when I was growing up and everything seemed so much simpler. It seems like we’re always running to a million different places these days. Don’t get me wrong I love my life, but sometimes I miss the days when I was a kid and wasn’t scheduled from 7 in the morning until 11 at night with things that “have to get done.”
Ragu has a new line of sauces that are called Homestyle. There are several flavors available. The beauty of these sauces are they are made with real ingredients ( no artificial colors or flavors here!) The sauce also is nice and thick…. not like most store-bought pasta sauces. This sauce coats your pasta beautifully and isn’t watery.
When you take a bite, there is plenty of sauce because it’s nice and thick and grabs on to your ingredients so its packed full of all of the delicious flavors of the pasta sauce. In the recipe I’m sharing with you for Easy Shellfish Linguini, you get a delicious taste of tomatoes, basil and garlic in every bite.
When I was growing up my mom always made sure that we all sat down to dinner together. It wasn’t an option; if one of us kids had practice after school, then we all waited to have dinner together. My mom made everything homemade. When I have the time I like to make all our dinners homemade, but in today’s world, it isn’t always possible.
Enter Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce. This sauce is like homemade! I can serve it and feel good about the meal I put on the table for us to eat as a family. It’s the only store-bought sauce I have used that I didn’t feel like I needed to doctor it before serving it. The fact that I can make it in the time it takes to boil the linguini to a perfect al dente texture makes it a winner in my book anyway.
You know I like to entertain, so I don’t want to just serve linguini and sauce? This recipe for Easy Shellfish Linguini uses all of my favorite shellfish, then tosses them with the linguini and Ragu Sauce. Even if it’s a last minute get together I can steam the shellfish in the time it takes to boil the pasta and have it ready to serve in less than 30 minutes! By putting them in the smaller containers for serving they are portable to have in hand while visiting out on the deck in these nice summer nights!
My guests love that they get a few bites of really fresh shellfish but are able to be completely satisfied by having them served over sauce laden pasta!
- .5 pound Linguini
- 1 23 oz Jar Homestyle Ragu, , thick and hearty Traditional Flavor
- 1 clove garlic, , minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Basil, , minced
- 1 1/2 cups White Wine, , (ok to sub shrimp stock or even water)
- 8 - 12 shrimp, , shells removed
- 8 - 12 littleneck clams, , rinsed well
- 2 lobster tails, , cut in half lengthwise (leave shells on)
- 1/2 pound mussels, , cleaned
- Minced basil
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Into a stock pot, add water required as suggested by linguini box.
- Bring water to a boil and cook according to package instructions until pasta is al dente. (not mushy)
- While pasta is cooking, in a small saute pan add wine, minced garlic and bring to a boil.
- Place Clams in water, cover with lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add mussels and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. You know when they are cooked when they open their shells. Remove from liquid to a side plate.
- Then add shrimp and lobster tails to the liquid and cook for 3-5 minutes until shellfish is opaque (turns white instead of clear). Turn at least once while it is cooking. Remove shellfish to same side plate.
- Drain liquid and place shellfish back into saute pan and cover to keep warm.
- Once pasta is done cooking, strain pasta into a colander.
- Place the stockpot back on the burner and put Ragu Pasta sauce into the pan. Heat until sauce is warmed throughout.
- Toss Pasta back into the stockpot and mix the sauce and pasta until evenly combined.
- Add shellfish to pasta mix and warm for 2-3 minutes.
- Either serve direct from the pan to a plate or swirl fork size portions into small containers topping each with several pieces of shellfish in each container.
- Garnish with minced Basil and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve at once
- (I must admit, it is also very good served cold or at room temperature when there is some left the next day! )
Calorie/ Serving info was calculated as serving this as a main course, for 4 portions.
All recipe calorie information was calculated on what I purchased to make this recipe in My Fitness Pal. When you make the recipe, the calorie content could vary depending on what specific ingredients/brands you actually use. Please take that into consideration if you are following a strict diet.
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 766Carbohydrates: 59gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 72g
This site uses affiliate links, such as Amazon which pays this site a small commission if you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full info here.